Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

WAY OT Lotto $476, WWYD??

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 7:33 AM
  • 8 Replies

Just saw the MegaMillions is at $476! That is about 185 lump sum (or 13yr payouts for 26yrs). So its really got me thinking What Would I Do? Most people have the same: pay off debt, new house, new car, help some family, and specific charities. But after the obvious. Are there unique things you would do? Is there something you always really wanted to do and finally could?

Mommy to Corbin (9-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (7) Collin (2), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
wright1212
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 7:39 AM

One of mine would be build (or find) a house with a huge basement so I could make a dream sensory room for my son with severe autism. Complete with a huge swing, ball pit, squishy tube, mirror light box, ect. Also a golf cart for him, tree house for him, ABA in home therapy for him with ST and OT and PT. Then I thought I would buy a condo where is neuro lives (5hrs away) so when we go 3+x a yr it would be easier. Then I would let other families stay that need to go there for medical reasons!

One selfish splurge just for me would be a home personal trainer! For DH I would get him a hybrid car and a big truck. For DD it would maybe be go to a concert of a disney star. For DStoddler just a dream bedroom he could really play in. THEN my charity would be a boy i know needing 2million for heart lung transplant.

Moma3boyz
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 8:19 AM
After helping all the family out, several elderly with bills going up and income not, I know one thing I would like to do. Several parents and I have talked about the old one room school houses. How the older kids would help the younger and stuff. We even had considered finding the laws to dre if we could. Lol. So I would love to open a small school like that. Where you wouldn't be suspended for saying a prayer or made to eat nasty school lunches because they thought mom didn't fix a good lunch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 10:45 AM

yea build some kinda work place where homeless people could work, and live and get lives back together, pay rent there, self sustaining,

another would be to be able to help the average and poor income people who are really trying to make a living without them knowing,

and make a huge garden where kids could come and plant and learn, dig in the earth, etc.

buy a big property by a creek and let our whole family build or live on it, kids, their inlaws, (i dont have anymore inlaws) we'd have lots of animals, barns, gardens, a swimming pool, we'd also be self sustaining

and build a house on the coast on the ocean for my whole family to go to whenever they wanted

gypsy_rose
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Back pack across Ierland with the family and use it as a learning tool.

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:44 PM

I would buy a custom RV & travel all over the continent with my kids & be a philanthropist.

pepsi_lover_mom
by Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I would buy a smal house, start up a college fund for ds, get a more dependable car, and save and invest the rest. I would also try not to let anyone know because I dont need the extra stress of family that hates me suddenly acting like they like me

Knightquester
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 1:04 PM

After all the basics, I'd enjoy traveling with my husband and kids, exploring the world.

momma1967
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Well, now I don't have to check to see if I won last night!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN