Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What gets you through...

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 1:02 PM
  • 12 Replies
a rough day of hs'ing?

An extra cup of coffee, a prayer, chocolate, exercise, an unannounced field trip, or something else?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Knightquester
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Depends on what my options are, but on average I just sip my coffee and try to take things a little slower if myself or one of the kids are having a bad day.  I may even take everybody outside after a good majority of their work is done for some fresh air and a nice walk to unwind.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Mar. 28, 2012 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
If I am the one stressed...CM...escaping to the internet with my coffee or a pepsi.

If it is stressed kids, it is taking a park day, going on a hike, etc. Getting out n burning energy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 28, 2012 at 1:33 PM

It all depends on the day & how bad it is!

pepsi_lover_mom
by Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:49 PM

If i'm stressed its coffee until the pot is gone, then pepsi, and some internet time.

If its ds then we go outside to play, or play with the kinnect, walks, ride bikes, anything to get his mind to relax without being bored.

sandylynn1234
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Sometimes we just need to get out and get away from it all. Today school work was done by 1130 so we went to the library. We do lunch outside on a blanket when it is pretty outside! Just getting the homeschool stuff off of all of our minds and I breathe A LOT!!!!!!!! Oh and yes most importantly I do pray all through the day not sure if I would make most days without that!

Moma3boyz
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
A cup of coffee, or 2 or 3 or...lol. Also lots of prayer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swim-mom72
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 5:35 PM

We are very fortunate to have a pool and hot tub. So, in the warmer months, which is most of them here in Houston, I head out there.

When my guys are stressed, they will ride bikes/skooters, take a bath or join me in the pool.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 6:02 PM

First I try caffeine, then I try a walk around the neighborhood. If neither work I pray! LOL

GraceNoahsmom
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:12 AM

I know this sounds bad, but my Xanax gets me through.  Prayer works and sometimes just knowing that this what I have chosen to do.

Terri

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN