Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pizza

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 12:33 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
My son chose pizza as our first topic and I am pretty happy about it. We are taking a field trip to a pizza parlor, writing a story and illustrating it.. about out field trip. We will lso study the history of pizza and where the ingredients come from, slippin in nutrition. Science will be experiments with yeast and learning why it works like it doe. Math will be included in weighing and measuring ingredients (plus worksheets) spelling and reading will iclude a bit of pizza type things but mostly it will just be normal 1st grade stuff. all things done over a week..... including bible study, yoga, chores and anything I might have forgotten. what do u think? (forgive my phone it likes to eat random letters)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandylynn1234
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 12:37 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun. I think he will enjoy it which means he will learn from it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlyBren
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Can I join in?!

Sounds like fun.

takes_a_village
by Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I am excited! at first I thought there was no way I could get a lesson plan that he would like but this is going to work I think! plus mmmm pizza! When we are done learning about it and everything pizza has to offer we are going to make a pizza like they would have had when it first was created, one deep dish (we live on the west coast so we don't have those here) and one cheese the way he likes it. Should be fun!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 10:50 AM

That's awesome! A great idea. 8)

RatherBeReading
by Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Mar. 30, 2012 at 11:18 AM
It does sound fun! Amazing how you can cover all your bases with pizza, isn't it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 30, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Yummy I love edible knowledge!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Mar. 30, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Pizza fractions - yummmmmmm! lol

I was reading this to my Mom last night, who doesn't get the "do you own homeschool" thing and I think something clicked.. LOL I waslkie UNIT STUDY..DUR!

PEEK05
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I think that's awesome.

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Awesome, I love it! I think I need to give you some topics from my kids and let you make lesson plans for me. ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)