Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
My son chose pizza as our first topic and I am pretty happy about it. We are taking a field trip to a pizza parlor, writing a story and illustrating it.. about out field trip. We will lso study the history of pizza and where the ingredients come from, slippin in nutrition. Science will be experiments with yeast and learning why it works like it doe. Math will be included in weighing and measuring ingredients (plus worksheets) spelling and reading will iclude a bit of pizza type things but mostly it will just be normal 1st grade stuff. all things done over a week..... including bible study, yoga, chores and anything I might have forgotten. what do u think? (forgive my phone it likes to eat random letters)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Replies (11-12):
takes_a_village
by Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Quoting rsrangel:

Awesome, I love it! I think I need to give you some topics from my kids and let you make lesson plans for me. ;-)

If you have good topics let me know and I will make lesson plans for us both. :) I love to plan things! This is our first week (full week anyway as we are doing a bit this week just for transition). I want to make it fun for him and he has both ADHD and we are learning oppositional defiance as well so I need to keep him interested and Pizza sounded fun! Today we are going to make soaps and learn about that. not only is it good for my bathroom stock but also it teaches them self sufficiency and math and science. Plus it smells good!

Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action.  
Benjamin Disraeli

oredeb
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:42 PM

oh can i come and learn also!! fun fun fun  good job!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN