Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Leaving the group

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:46 PM
  • 11 Replies
I wanted to homeschool... In theory. But when it came down to it we just don't have the temperament to homeschool. I lose patience too fast & DS knows what he can get away with at home. He started preschool today. Private Catholic school.

Thanks ladies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:48 PM

awww so sorry mums, maybe after a stay in the preschool you can try again? maybe you could help out in the preschool?

debbie

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 30, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I am with Debbie!

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 7:49 PM

You've got to do what's best for your family, homeschooling while it may work for some, doesn't for all so don't feel alone.  I really hope he has fun in preschool :-)

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 30, 2012 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry to hear that you have had a difficult time with homeschooling but you have to do what is best for your family. Maybe you can give it a try again after preschool.  Good luck with whatever you choose to go with.  :)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I'm sorry to see you go! We'll always be here if need be. 8)

Kerseygeek
by Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 12:43 AM
It's ok. I ran into the same thing. Even though i'm able to homeschool my son, my DD was a different story. She's now in a great prek program & thriving. They are get getting her to learn where with me it was just frustration. We may try again when she's older but for now this was the best thing for her. Not all kids are homeschoolers & not all parents can homeschool & sometimes it's a split like us.
MumsTheWord571
by Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 1:29 AM
Thanks ladies! Do you mind if I lurk here and read your posts?

Quoting Kerseygeek:

It's ok. I ran into the same thing. Even though i'm able to homeschool my son, my DD was a different story. She's now in a great prek program & thriving. They are get getting her to learn where with me it was just frustration. We may try again when she's older but for now this was the best thing for her. Not all kids are homeschoolers & not all parents can homeschool & sometimes it's a split like us.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Apr. 2, 2012 at 7:43 AM
2 moms liked this
Of course :) there is so much good info here even for supplementing the preschools work to make the best out of it.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Quoting Kerseygeek:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gacgbaker
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Quoting Kerseygeek:

I think you should!  :)

I'm not a homeschooling mom, but am looking into it for the future- since your LO is just preschool- you might be able to find some great resources to even plan for summer fill in's or whatever else!  :)  

It's a good group, I think!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 2, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Oh, I would hope you would stay. you can always do a little supplementing and get some support and or advice when needed from here.  :)  

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Quoting Kerseygeek:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)