Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

WORK AT HOME MOMS

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 8:41 PM
  • 11 Replies
What do u do for a living?? Ive been looking for a legitimate way or job to earn money at home.i want to help dh with our finances while staying home with dd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
romacox
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Tutor, medical billing, on line businesses.

wanderingwolf
by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Medical Billing and Coding is good money.

Daycare

Babysitter

Dog Walking

Pet Sitting

Get groceries for old people

House sitting for people who go away on vacation

Mow lawns/pull weeds for people in the spring/summer

Shovel snow from driveways/sidewalks in winter

Rake leaves in autumn

Tutor kids

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I don't work from home - actually right now I'm in school and then I will work outside of the home but hopefully get hours that will allow us to continue homeschooling.  However....I keep saying that I WISH there was a home daycare provider that would be willing to keep my kids and one that also had homeschooled kids would be even better.  Unfortunately the closest lady who does is an hour away :(    So I think babysitting/nanny/daycare would be a good idea. 

chbamb2001
by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I work from home as a contract bookkeeper for a local cpa. I also work part-time (10 hours a week) on my husband's days off at a "church" in town. (It is not a judeo-christian church but calls itself a church so that is why I used the quotes). Anyway, I also have my own bookkeeping clients that I visit on site once a month after my husband is home. This year has been fantastic in that God has provided all of these income sources that I have been blown away! Oh, I also crochet on the side and sell the items here and there, too. :)

P.N._Guin
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Medical transcription, but the money isn't fantastic.

I'm about to start training for billing and coding, and begin working for myself. Kind of a one-stop-shop deal for healthcare docs. (Fingers crossed!!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awilliams77
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 3:25 AM
I've sold things on ebay for commission, been an independant contractor doing cargo claim inspections and after school and summer child care. I currently work the night shift at a cell phone company.
Bananas.mommy
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 11:06 AM
thank u ladies yall have been the biggest help of anyone :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graywife
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Home caregiver for my neighbor.  When her previous caregiver moved out of the area, I completed training and became her part time caregiver.  It works well since we live right next door which makes the 37-step commute GREAT!

MichelleRogers
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:47 AM

There are tons of things you can do to earn a living at home. Start a cookie making business. You can also try out babysitting other kids. Tutoring is also an option. Medical transcription is a secure and lucrative work-at-home opportunity as well provided you are trained for the job or have prior experience. But getting trained is hardly difficult as schools like Career Step offer affordable and flexible medical transcriptionist training online!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 7, 2012 at 8:04 AM
I sew, run an online cloth diapering business (although that doesn't actually make money. Haha!) and I mod for cafemom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN