Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do YOU suffer from Mommy Brain too?

Posted by   + Show Post

10 Classic Symptoms of Mommy Brain

Posted by Jill Smokler on April 2, 2012 

Last week, I spent ten minutes looking for the phone, while actually on the phone. Sadly, this type of thing is far from unique. I swear, I had a brain ... once. Now? I have Mommy Brain. Here are some symptoms my friends suffer, as well. Sound familiar?

1. My mental checklist when leaving the house actually has 'pants' on it. Pants? Check.

2. I didn't notice I had two different shoes on until the end of the day when one of my kids pointed it out to me.

3. I walk into the kitchen, open all the cabinets, and have no idea why I'm there.

4. I write myself a note so when I get to the car I remember where I am heading.

5.  Today, I was sitting at my desk, and thought oh, I need to take my medicine. Turned, opened the desk drawer, stared at my purse, and went, "What did I open this for?"

6. After a long hard day and getting some me time finally ... I sat down to watch TV. .. tried to use my phone as the remote ... thought the battery was dead and kept hitting it.

7. Lately I'd send a TEXT MESSAGE and then hold the phone up to my ear to hear the response.

8. Spent 10 minutes trying to figure out why my crockpot wouldn't turn on only to realize I never plugged it in.

9. I lose my car pretty regularly ... no, not the keys ... the actual whole big SUV. I can never remember where we parked because I was chasing a toddler or something. Once spend close to an hour wandering the wrong parking garage.

10. Panicked in a parking lot as I stared at the empty back seat of my car. Somebody stole my sons carseat!! Who does that!??? Oh wait ... that wasn't my car.

Do YOU suffer from Mommy Brain too?

by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Replies (11-13):
mandaangel21
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I had no idea there was a term for this! but yes i do! most ppl say i am scatterbrained so yeah

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Apr. 3, 2012 at 12:39 AM
Yes yes yes :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StrictMomof2
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 9:17 PM

I do have many "Mommy Brain" moments lately as well. :)

typingCome check out my blog at http://www.tidbitsofexperience.com/. I'd love to have your feedback there.  Also it lets you know more about me and my family. Hope your having a great day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)