Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

k-12, connections academy, florida virtual school

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 1:51 PM
  • 2 Replies

hi! I was wondering if anyone uses any of these and how you like them? i have been researching them but can't quit figure out if they are the same thing or different. I also don't know if this is the right decision. one of the reasons to homeschool is to have a little more freedom and to be able to choose what my girls learn. However I like having a set curriculum and I like knowing my kids are learning. I am a new homeschooler (only a mth into it), and still have a lot to learn. I also know that these programs are free and they include everything you need. I figured with the christian end of it I can just order a bible study curriculum. I would love to hear your advice. thank you very much! you have all been such a big help to me.

by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
gacgbaker
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't live there, but PA has a similar program- I'm not really a big fan of it, but only have experience through friends.

In PA, it seems like it's just a way to do public school at home, BUT I know for some it works really well and they are thrilled with it- it really all depends on why you want to homeschool and what your goals are.  

Good luck!

PandoraRobin
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I live in PA and we use Connections Academy. Our son has been doing really well with their program. The school is very flexible. Our son is a grade ahead in math and Language Arts so he was given the materials for the next grade in those subjects. The school provides memberships to several educational website for free. We have used Connections since Kindergarten. The teachers are vey helpful and supportive. There are clubs they can join and field trips. This is just my families experience. I hope you find what's right you. Good Luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN