Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Explode the Code and Beyond the Code

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 3:06 PM
  • 5 Replies

Has anyone used these, do you like them? 

by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
haymanisourson
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 3:10 PM
I've used the preschool ones. They are pretty good but I didn't really like how they weren't in order. Like, its not A,B,C its B,F,M. I thought that was weird, but if you used it from the beginning I guess it wouldn't be so bad. We were using a beka and then switched :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 2, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I've never heard of this. But as i write my own curriculum, I guess I wouldn't know a lot of the newer methods of today. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.  :)

5BMom
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 4:10 PM
DS just finished ETC 1. He enjoyed it but it was just 'one note' to me. I wanted something that encompasses more componants of LA, so we switched to Queens Language Lessons and are loving it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucsch
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 4:27 PM

We used books 1-8 (not the 1/2 ones--just the whole number books). My dd never complained about doing them. She is an advanced reader. We did books 1-3 in K, 4-6 in 1st and 7&8 in 2nd grades.  We had previously gone through all the letters and their sounds. She was reading CVC words when she started with book 1.

I had never heard of them but had chosen Sonlight LA1 and readers to use for K for her. ETC was used as an optional workbook, so I purchase book 1. Sonlight had LA activites that perfectly coordinated with ETC, so I found it very complete and good for phonics. Some use only ETC for phonics. If you choose to do that, you should buy the TMs to go with them for more activities. There is an online program, but I do not know anything about it.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)