Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I know I have been asking a lot lately!

As you know I am new to homeschooling. My daughter has been in 3 day a week, 3 hour a day preschool since September (first time she has ever been away from me). I have been wanting to pull her out for awhile now, the more i researched homeschooling, but I just made the decision to actually do it. Her father is off on Mondays, so she has been staying home then and really only going 2 days a week. We just decided it was unneccesary and expensive.

She usually complains about going, but I know that she will miss her friends there. I feel guilty that she won't be able to say goodbye to them, but since this is a new month she can't go tomorrow without paying for the whole month.

Do you have any advice with how to help her cope? I am thinking she will be fine since she usually complains about having to go. She won't miss the school or teacher part, but she will miss the social aspect. I don't have any mommy friends with girls her age, so I feel a bit guilty taking her away from her friends.

I am hoping that the second I finish my internship (April 20th) and I'm home every day, we can make park and beach visits even more frequent than they are now, and we can meet some new friends.

I just can't help but over analyze, I am a worrywart.

Thank you in advance for any advice! 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Replies (21-21):
kylismomma
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Thank you! I guess I am just naturally such a smiley person that sometimes I think if people aren't grinning at me they must be unfriendly. I know that isn't true, but I need to be braver at times and just introduce myself. I will make sure to keep complimenting their child in mind as a lead in. :)

Quoting Knightquester:

Even I seem probably a little unfriendly at times, but it doesn't mean I am, it's just that sometimes I have so much on my mind but I always welcome getting to know a friendly person.  Try catching the parent before they leave and see what happens.  A good compliment towards their child, or their child's performance also goes a long way in another parents eye I have noticed and really I don't bother getting to know other parents unless I really do consider their child to be a good kid I enjoy seeing my child with.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN