Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your favorite Curriculum?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

What curriculum do you like the best if you have 1? What curriculum do you use now?

by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
WinterWitch1972
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:33 PM

I don't have a favorite yet. Right now we are doing stuff we find on the internet and hands on learning. Next year I'm going to try and get A.C.E. School of Tomorrow.

5BMom
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:37 PM
I am loving all things Queen Homeschool, especially the Language Lessons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romacox
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 7:26 AM

I create most of my lesson plans based on real life experiences, and play.  When I do use curriculum, I prefer that which is created by home school families.  Ring Around The Phonics for language arts, and Math U See for math. 

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:41 AM
All about spelling is my favorite curriculum out of what we have right now. (we have a mix of curriculums, not one boxed set).

Handwriting without tears was good too, we finished that quickly!

I'm looking into new math, science, and history. (using Saxon, outdoor secrets, and story of the world)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by debbie on Apr. 3, 2012 at 11:02 AM

i make my own unit studies for most of my subjects so i'd have to say my own!hahaha

but i do like what christian liberty puts out,

but with math i use rod and staff and saxon and lang. arts i use abeka and  rod and staff so they are my favorite for those sugjects!

swim-mom72
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Another vote for Queens Language Lessons and Math U See!

We also LOVE Teaching Textbooks for Pre-Alg and under. Mystery of History is our favorite history right now. And Bob Jones seems to be making more and more appearances in our homeschool, LOL! My oldest used their 10th grade Grammar and Writing this year, and my youngest used it for spelling, both were very successful. So, it is back to Bob Jones for my oldest son's language classes and my younger son for vocabulary next year, plus we will be adding them for highschool Biology and 7th grade social studies/history.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)