Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We just finished our spelling curriculum!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 3:07 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hooray!!!

I'm going to do a big review and go over the list of first grade words that should be known, but we are done with our curriculum for grade 1. I'm debating on starting level 2 or waiting until fall. I don't want her to forget since its only early April. I won't be able to get level 2 until the convention though, and that is if it's in stock.

But just wanted to share :) we are "done" with formal handwriting and spelling for the year, just doing casual now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 3, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Good for you! congratulationsparty

gacgbaker
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Congrats!  That is really good!

mynameismuerte
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 4:59 PM
That's awesome! What did you use?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Apr. 3, 2012 at 5:14 PM
We just finished all about spelling level 1 and loved it. We could have been done waaaaaay sooner but I tried to spread it out, and I put it on the back burner a lot because I was so sick. I highly recommend it. We will be moving on to level 2 for sure!

Quoting mynameismuerte:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mynameismuerte
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 5:35 PM
I thought you were doing AAS. We are maybe a little over half way through level 2 and have been stretching it as much as we can, lol. I LOVE AAS!

Quoting Boobah:

We just finished all about spelling level 1 and loved it. We could have been done waaaaaay sooner but I tried to spread it out, and I put it on the back burner a lot because I was so sick. I highly recommend it. We will be moving on to level 2 for sure!

Quoting mynameismuerte:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by debbie on Apr. 3, 2012 at 6:21 PM

yea!!!!!! sounds like your gona have some more fun!

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Yay! We are right behind you - 2 weeks and we'll be done with our spelling and handwriting curriculum too! I'm also debating whether to continue on or wait. I'm going to look into AAS. On a seperate note....will you be introducing cursive in 2nd grade or even at all?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Apr. 3, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Yes! Julia cannot wait to do cursive. It doesn't come until third grade with the curric we use (handwriting without tears) so I'm debating on if we should just skip second grade and go straight to third, or do second over the summer and start third in the fall. we are going to a convention in a few weeks so I'm going to see what she will be missing if we skip 2nd altogether. She has extremely good handwriting for a 6 year old so I'm not too worried, kwim?

Quoting rsrangel:

Yay! We are right behind you - 2 weeks and we'll be done with our spelling and handwriting curriculum too! I'm also debating whether to continue on or wait. I'm going to look into AAS. On a seperate note....will you be introducing cursive in 2nd grade or even at all?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)