Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am excited about homeschooling my children this coming August.

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 7:03 PM
  • 2 Replies

The Lord has answered my prayers. I have a 13 year old son and 6 year old daughter in the public schools and have been wanting to homeschool them for the last few years. I have homeschooled my son before when he was in the 1st and 2nd grade but I was also babysitting for several families and trying to juggle both. It did not work out at all.

My husband is determined that I bring in a source of income so I went to my boss today to talk about some part time possibilities. She wants me to stay even if it is part time hours. I will work from 7:15a-1p.(child care)

I am worried that I am going to be tired when I get home but the good news is that my husband is home until I get home. He works evenings. He will be able to start the process before I arrive.

What do you think?

Any advice??

-Rebecca

by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Good luck!

Remember that all change needs time for adjustment and don't give up, if the going gets tough.

How does your oldest feel about being brought home?

biblemom45
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 7:21 PM

My son is excited about it!! :)

He is not doing well in school and that is one of the reasons I wanted to do this. I think he needs more flexibility then given in public schools.

Many of the members of my church homeschool their children. Also my church promoted a movie about homeschool vs. public school and after viewing that, it was the last straw.

http://indoctrinationmovie.com/

This is not a plug, but it has such great information about the start of public schools etc...

Anyway, I am excited/nervous. I just keep praying!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)