Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Science Fair or Not to Science Fair? That Is The Question!

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 5:53 PM
  • 7 Replies

We have a chance to join in the science fair happening in early June. My 6 year old daughter has decided just now that she would like to do something for the fair. I was thinking on exploring why she has allergies so bad. I am not sure what to do though. I was thinking of placing some wax paper outside and some inside the house with petroleum jelly on it. The jelly would catch whatever is in the air and collect the samples for us. Then we will compare it to what the allergy report states for the day. We could research how allergies affect your body and do a diagram for the poster board. Does this sound like I am going in the right direction? What are your thoughts?

Thanks Homeschooling Mamas!

Theresa

by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 4, 2012 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

That sound like a good idea.  I have allergies too, so this would be interesting  to hear what you turned up.  :) 

usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 4, 2012 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

If she wants to do it go for it & your idea sounds unique & cool!

oredeb
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

science fairs are so fun!!! good idea you have, be sure to have some handouts if possible, lots of pictures, dress up your area real nice and colorful, think aobut what would draw your attention to a project,  even some hands on stuff to do is fun!

gacgbaker
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Quoting usmom3:

If she wants to do it go for it & your idea sounds unique & cool!

I agree too!

findingfaith
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Thanks everyone! I have finally decided to allow her to do the project. So now it's time to pick out a idea. I like this idea but not sure if it will work or not since I just kinda made it up myself. I did find some great books such as MythBusters Science Fair Book and TIME For Kids Big Book of Science Fair Ideas. Thinking of doing a hand washing experiment. Something else my daughter needs to work on. :P

oredeb
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

let us know how it goes and take pictures!!!

findingfaith
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Always have my camera oredeb! :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)