Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are neighbors important when it comes to your child(ren)?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you think it is imporatnt as to the type of neighbors you have in regards to your child(ren)?  Why or why Not?

by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Replies (31-34):
saush
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I am on a first-name basis with neighbors and have casual conversations when we pass. It's nice to have some familiarity in the event of an emergency.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:37 PM

That's great that you have good neighbors. I wish that was a possibility for everyone.

What makes girls harder, if I may ask?   

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

We've been very fortunate. The family next door has 3 boys who are slightly older than DS, but they play together all the time. They're the ones who taught him how to play roller hockey. There's also another boy from the next street who plays with them, too. All nice, sweet respectful boys and their parents are good, vigilant moms and dads.

Girls are harder, I think. Especially older girls. DD is making friends at church, though, and she occasionally gets out and plays with the boys - appropriately! - so the neighbor thing is working for her.

We've had great neighbors the last several places we've lived, so as I said, we've been very, very lucky.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I would love to be on a first name basis with our neighbors.  Some neighbores are just pretty good even if your not on a first name basis. When we first moved into our new place, the kid next door set fire to the building and our neighbors across the street from us had our kids come to their yard while the firefighters checked to make sure everything was okay.  They were so nice.  Not all neighbors are like that unfortunately.   

Quoting saush:

I am on a first-name basis with neighbors and have casual conversations when we pass. It's nice to have some familiarity in the event of an emergency.

OneToughMami
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:56 PM
This is why we are hermits lol my one elderly neighbor though loves when we visit since his grand kids never come see him :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN