Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I thought this map idea was cute...

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 3:30 AM
  • 4 Replies

Montessori Print Shop Review & Giveaway!

~This giveaway has closed~

James has long been a fan of maps - he enjoys searching for states and countries, and gets a kick out of all the different names. Most recently he's really gotten into flags. I thought about ordering some mini flags as I did a while back when I created our Continent Bags, but at nearly $2 a pop, they are just spendy for me to order an entire set for the world. Then, just a day later, I read this post on Chasing Cheerios and found out about Montessori Print Shop's pin flags. (cue the Hallelujah chorus) They were *just* the thing we needed!!

We've had a ball learning with our new maps and pin flags - seriously, James just can't get enough of them. In addition to his current interest in maps and flags, He LOVES sets and collections of things - these are right up his alley!

These maps are great because they're bright, easy to read, and just the right size for our cork boards. Not all of the flags have a matching map, but we don't mind - we use what maps we can and an atlas for the rest of the flags!

Two guesses on how James feels about these pin flags! :D

The flags were super easy (albeit a little time consuming) to put together, and I appreciate how clear and consistent the photos are - I'm kind of picky like that. :) I printed our flags onto card stock and did not laminate them - they are getting a lot of use and holding up just fine!

Think these would be of use in your classroom? Want to have a set of your own? Well...

Jennifer, the lovely owner of Montessori Print Shop, has once again donated a very generous gift to one of you:

Montessori Print Shop's ENTIRE pin flag and map set!!!
(valued at nearly $50!)

Included in the set:
~Maps~
:: Four maps (colored, labeled, and blank) and two sets of labels (color coded and non-color coded) for each of the following: North America, South American, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia.
:: Four maps and a set of labels for both the United States and Canada.
:: Two maps (labeled and blank) each for US capital cities and states.
:: Two maps (labeled and blank) each for Canada's capital cities and provinces.

~Flags~

:: A set of pin map flags for all of the above maps! The winner can choose between a color coded set or a non-color coded set.

And here's a little freebie for ALL of you to enjoy right now:
world continent maps and pin flags!

Of course you can head directly to the store and buy the entire set right now, or you can enter to win the set for FREE!

Here's what you do:

Mandatory entry:
1. Leave a comment on this post.

Extra entries:
2. Like Counting Coconuts on Facebook and leave me a separate comment on this post letting me know you have/already do.
3. Like Montessori Print Shop on Facebook and leave me a separate comment on this post letting me know you have/already do.
4. Follow Counting Coconuts and leave me a separate comment on this post letting me know you have/already do.
5. After today come back and leave me one comment per day on this post until the end of the giveaway.

*NOTE re: separate comments - each entry will be counted as a chance to win. If you put all of your entry requirements into just ONE comment, you'll only have ONE chance to win.

This giveaway will end on Thursday, March 22nd at 9pm Atlantic Time, and is open to anyone, anywhere!

Good luck!

by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 3:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
wanderingwolf
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 6:20 AM
That's neat.
usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM

That is a cool idea!

oredeb
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM

great idea!!!

MrsHubler
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 1:16 PM
Great idea :) I would love this for my daughter!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN