Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How many pregnant moms do we have??

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:26 AM
  • 15 Replies

whens your baby due?

would you like to share if the baby is a boy or girl?

Names?

how is homeschooling coming along?

what are your plans after baby is born, concerning homeschooling? keep on going? take some time off, other?

how do you do it?

any concerns?

by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gacgbaker
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I'm due in August, we are keeping the gender a surprise, no names yet- and we are not current homeschoolers but are looking into it :)

Ankles
by Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Twins, due in Oct. Don't know genders yet. I'm a little worried because I was going to "officially" start homeschooling my oldest (4) this summer/fall. (we also have an 18 month old). Should be interesting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovepotato
by Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM

We're due June 27th, and we don't know the gender. Baby's name will either be Elijah Wilson or Eleanor Mae. This fall will actually be our first year of homeschooling, DS is starting kindergarten. I've been working on what he needs to learn next year right now. SInce he's so young and only in Kinder in the fall, I've been taking it easy and going with the flow with him.

I also have a 2 year old girl who is like a sponge. Not that DS wasn't either, she just seems to be soaking up everything I'm doing with him too. I figure I can include her in whatever we're doing, just at her level.

Another way we're dealing with a new baby and a homeschooled kindergartener is to cut back on things. If it doesn't fit in our schedule, we're just not going to do it. I cna't run around with my head cut off any longer, and some people in my life are very demanding. We're just going to have to scale back on things to make room for others. DH and I (especially me) feel very led to homeschool, and I'm going to really try to make it work.

I'm the kind of person who can handle distractions (like a baby) without getting flustered. If we have to take a small break it will be ok. I can also let DS play on the computer a little bit. I found some learning websites that I want to subscribe to.I think we'll be ok. :)

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Due November 24 with baby number 3.

My oldest is supposed to begin preschool work in September. It should be interesting doing home school and having a baby the same time. Not to mention my middle child will be turning two right around november
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
colman4
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 5:05 PM

whens your baby due? April 29th

would you like to share if the baby is a boy or girl? BOY!!

Names? We think Gabriel Joseph

how is homeschooling coming along? We took a break for the 2nd half of the year..they are in Public school..but, we are definitely going back to HS next year.

what are your plans after baby is born, concerning homeschooling? keep on going? take some time off, other? Doesn't really apply to me

how do you do it? I couldn't. I was having too many issues with this pregnancy to HS and take care of my body at the same time

any concerns?

Mommy2Phenley
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Due July 2nd with number 2. Another GIRL! Yes, we have a name, but I haven't shared it online, yet, so I'm going to wait. ;)

I'm not too worried about homeschooling. DD is turning 4 this June. Preschool isn't too demanding and we've already been doing this for a year and a half. DD LOVES school time and will not allow it to be forgotten or pushed too far down the priority list! I'm sure we'll be spending many a nap time in the school room. And since we started when DD was only 2.5, I have a LOT of 'tot school' materials. So soon as baby is hitting the point of wanting to join, I'll be ready for her!

As for how it's going now, we've probably done *more* school lately. Because my sciatic pain is keeping me down and it's easier to say "okay" to school time and sit by her in a chair than it is to play cars and blocks and dolls in the play room or run around outside!

awilliams77
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 4:57 AM
Whew! Not me! My "baby" is 12! But I do remember having 4 ages 9 and younger. Those were bsy times! We took a few weeks off around the birth of my 4th. We weren't doing much structured homeschooling before he came along.
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Apr. 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM
 whens your baby due? June 4th

would you like to share if the baby is a boy or girl? U/s says girl

Names? Ugh, I have no idea!

how is homeschooling coming along? We are getting there! Hoping to be done before baby comes.

what are your plans after baby is born, concerning homeschooling? keep on going? take some time off, other?
Well baby is due 3 days after our "last day", so hopefully we will be done for the summer and I can take off until sept 1st (or whenever, I haven't looked at the calendar yet). Hoping it won't be toooooo challenging with a newborn, but I'm a little worried.

how do you do it? Hoping to find some things dd can work on herself for my busy times, more computer time than last year (which she needs anyway) and trying to be easy on myself. I've got to go in knowing that it will be an adjustment. Easier said than done!

any concerns?
Oh, so many! I'm trying to be rational about them. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyLisa
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I'm due 8/11 but have a history of going a little early!

It's a BOY!!!  I have 2 daughters.

No idea on names, I was convinced this would be dd#3 and her name was Molly!

I'm VERY new to homeschooling (6wks)

Planning on continuing to homeschool after the baby is born.  (fingers crossed!)

I don't really know how we do it yet...Every day I'm learning more...

Last night I started bawling with concern of homeschooling with a newborn.  It's not like I'm a seasoned homeschooler so balancing that with the exhaustion and time demands of a newborn is a terrifying thought!  I fought homeschooling for years, and long story short, God made it abundantly clear that it was time so I have faith that he'll get us through this, I'm just scared I'll screw it up somehow!  Add that to the stress that our home is currently for sale and most days... I'm a bundle of nerves! 

On the upside, we are all loving homeschooling, so far!!!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Just keep this in the front of your mind:

Right up until 8th grade or so, kids aren't going to lose much time, academically, even if they skip an entire year. Make your house a learning environment, now so when things are going slower, they will constantly stumble upon things to learn. 8) If you are going to go one place all week, make it the library and your kiddos will thrive. 8)

Quoting MommyLisa:

I'm due 8/11 but have a history of going a little early!

It's a BOY!!!  I have 2 daughters.

No idea on names, I was convinced this would be dd#3 and her name was Molly!

I'm VERY new to homeschooling (6wks)

Planning on continuing to homeschool after the baby is born.  (fingers crossed!)

I don't really know how we do it yet...Every day I'm learning more...

Last night I started bawling with concern of homeschooling with a newborn.  It's not like I'm a seasoned homeschooler so balancing that with the exhaustion and time demands of a newborn is a terrifying thought!  I fought homeschooling for years, and long story short, God made it abundantly clear that it was time so I have faith that he'll get us through this, I'm just scared I'll screw it up somehow!  Add that to the stress that our home is currently for sale and most days... I'm a bundle of nerves! 

On the upside, we are all loving homeschooling, so far!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN