Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How many of you count your days?

Posted by   + Show Post

Although we live in Texas, and have no regulations, I still try to get 180 days of school done. One, because it is hard to break some of those public school habits and two, because having that goal seems to help me plan things out. Although we went to more of a year-round schedule, for the sake of trying to finish the curriculum, I still try to stay within the 180 day guidline.

So, I was wondering, how many of you try to get 180 days of school done each year?  Do you count days at all? Or do you just go until you finish the books and stuff?

by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Replies (31-32):
peacelovingmom
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:25 PM

We have never counted the days, but I am guessing that we probably get more than 180 days. Sshh don't tell my daughters.lol

poohbear1183
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Since we are not officially homeschooling, i have not counted my days. My 4 year old is doing kinder math and reading at first grade level. So I have just been working in a few week incerements then take breaks. this works for us for now. I hoep to get on schedule this summer. Since I am due in december i plan to tak emost of that month off so that is why I am schooling year round.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)