Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've been thinking about my health and homeschooling and I may have to stop homeschooling, move and send ds back to public school :-(  I dont want to because I hate the public school system and all they claim to be about but really arent. At the same time I spent the entire day thursday stuck in bed having to take 2 trips to the ER and my pain never going below a 7 plus at home pain meds, ontop of it i've got stomach biopsy in may and 2 weeks later I have to get a renal stint put in. I feel like me being sick all the time is taking away from his learning. He learns a lot about medicine and health but that isnt going to get him where he needs to be to succeed as an adult. On the days I do feel good he either is rebelling and doesnt want to do any work (including baking or digging for bugs), or he takes forever to get motivated to do it. I dont want to give up at homeschooling but at the same time,  how will he learn anything if my stupid body hates me and constantly keeps bringing up crap to hurt me. I just dont know what to do anymore, my head is spinning and I feel like total rear both physically, mentally, and emotionally. gah!

by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Replies (21-24):
StrictMomof2
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 10:34 PM

My heart goes out to you!! I'll pray for you!! Kids adjust easily, but they have to know that your willing to be flexible as well. Sounds to me like he may be rebelling because he's so worried about you. There could be a lot of reasons behind it. If your dead set against the public school, put out some local ads in your area. You may find a retired teacher who may jump at the chance to home school him for you. God works miracles.

typingCome check out my blog at http://www.tidbitsofexperience.com/. I'd love to have your feedback there.  Also it lets you know more about me and my family. Hope your having a great day.

vsjc
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:11 AM
I was thinking the same thing, aWilliams. I'm in Kansas and children here are not required any type of schooling until age 7. Learning to be a good reader is most important at his age. He can catch in every subject in no time if he reads well. He has 13 years till graduation..

Quoting awilliams77:

What state are you in, pepsimom? Are you able to fulfil the state requirements? If so, i'd. Lean towad keeping him at home. For example, the state of NC compulsory age was 7 yrs when I started to hs. No records needed (by the state) before the school yr they turned 7. Hang in there,health issues are tiring. :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kokyuhomama
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Awe, give yourself a big hug for what you've already done and be forgiving to yourself.  Ultimately, if you're taxed, how can you be the most efffective and loving parent you can be, let alone learning guide?  You've done well.  It's okay to let go, and maybe you can revisit it someday.  Hugs to you.

LindaMRamos
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I have to agree with some of the mom's above.  My husband had a liver transplant last April turned bad.  After a second transplant and two months in the hospital, my 10 year old spent the entire time in another state with my mom, not schooling.  In a way I was thankful she wasn't in public school, it allowed me to focus on my husband.  School went slowly til the end of the year but she has done great this year.  I don't think she would have been able to keep going in public school with everything going on at home.  It was a very emotionally draining time for her.  I will admit I let the pressure of other's comments get to me during that time.  I am thankful I stood my ground.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)