Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Easter Monday....

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 5:33 AM
  • 18 Replies

So...anyone NOT conducting the regular home school routine, or will you be business as usual Easter Monday?  I am thinking of movies about the Ressurrection to sum up the week (since hubby took over the computer AND tv for baseball right after Sunday Services at church)...and the movie "HOP".

by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 5:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wright1212
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 8:04 AM

My 2 youngest are with my mom, so me and oldest can go to doctor. So we will only have about an hour to do anything. Since we didnt school friday (except reading, which is most everyday) then today will be a catch up day. Spelling test, review science, social studies, and more intense reading. My son will be doing an easter craft from church he missed on saturday. I have 3 childrens easter books I want to read to help them know easter is not..easter bunny, gifts, candy, and eggs.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:18 AM
3 moms liked this

We are studying the art of clean up. LOL

borgen0128
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Please don't let your kids watch "HOP". It is a very racist movie, unfortunately.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:34 AM
2 moms liked this
You know what? I had planned on school today, but I really think we are just going to take today off and stop feeling guilty about it. I NEED to get some things done like laundry and dishes to function better the rest of the week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:45 AM

What happens in it that makes you say that? We haven't seen it yet but my 6 & 8 year old want to see it!

Quoting borgen0128:

Please don't let your kids watch "HOP". It is a very racist movie, unfortunately.

borgen0128
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 12:06 PM
The character who is hispanic, who works his whole life in the factory, is laughed at when he wants to be the Easter bunny, but when the white guy comes along and wants to be the Easter bunny, he is given the job. They never really explain why Carlos can't be the Easter bunny. It may seem far fetched, but I think the message is clear. I hope my humble opinion helps. :)

Quoting usmom3:

What happens in it that makes you say that? We haven't seen it yet but my 6 & 8 year old want to see it!

Quoting borgen0128:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 12:06 PM

is easter today?

usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 9, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Oh wow that is sad! I don't think I want them to see it now!

Quoting borgen0128:

The character who is hispanic, who works his whole life in the factory, is laughed at when he wants to be the Easter bunny, but when the white guy comes along and wants to be the Easter bunny, he is given the job. They never really explain why Carlos can't be the Easter bunny. It may seem far fetched, but I think the message is clear. I hope my humble opinion helps. :)

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting borgen0128:

AntroNet
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 12:44 PM

No, but when those that celebrate the Ressurrection of Christ, it usually lasts from Friday (Good Friday--not just for getting off work as we say..lol) through Monday--to recoop and reflect.  All the kids are of course out of ps.

Quoting oredeb:

is easter today?

AntroNet
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Wow...movies are getting worse and worse now days.  Guess am gonna have to find something else.

Quoting borgen0128:

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting borgen0128:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN