Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Help choosing math *sigh*

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 3:35 PM
  • 2 Replies

I have everything for the next school year for my soon to be 7th and 10 grade son, except math for my oldest. I need help please.

He did public/private school math through 6th grade. Then did Teaching Textbooks Alg 1 for 7th and Math U See Alg 1 for 8th and then MUS Alg 2 for 9th. He will be moving into Geometry for 10th grade. Now, he LOVES MUS and does really well with it. I just think he needs to be challenged more. He is very math minded, and I feel he has plateaued with MUS.

BJU is what I am looking at, with the DVDs, but it is really expensive. Plus, my husband's opinion is that Geometry is the one math he will use the least IRL, unless he goes into a related field or something like architecture that he will need it. Ultimately, my husband has left the decision up to me. So, I am looking for help from you awesome ladies.

Anyone had a child go through Geometry already or have any input on this matter? Please?

by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
oredeb
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 7:37 PM

i use saxon for geometry, also abeka is a challenging math so maybe they have a good one, have you tried khan academy  http://www.khanacademy.org/test-prep/california-standards-test/geometry-2/v/ca-geometry--basic-trigonometry its online and keeps track, free

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 9, 2012 at 8:01 PM

My oldest used to use Gradebuilder for Algebra from the Learning Company. She loved it because it challenged her on levels she thought she had conquered and really hadn't. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)