Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Love it or leave it: workbooks?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 2:39 PM
  • 27 Replies

giving heartOR devil

Do you love workbooks for your kids- or do you wish you would have left them the store?  What kind have you tried?  

by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Apr. 10, 2012 at 2:42 PM
I thought I was anti workbooks. Then I let my daughter do a comprehensive curriculum one we got from SAMs and she really enjoys it. It is a good reminder of things we need to work on, and is also something she can do without a lot of help when I am busy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 10, 2012 at 3:36 PM

We only use them if the kids ask for them!

MamaHome
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 3:40 PM

My boys love them. We use them alot because it is enjoyable for them.

romacox
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 5:20 PM

It all depends on their personality types.  40 to 45 percent of children do just fine with workbooks.  Others do not.  In fact, studies show it actually does more harm than good for the hands on learner. One size never fits fits all.

Different Personality Types

oredeb
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 5:20 PM

i like workbooks, i even make them for the kids, just depends on what we are doing, studying, learning, etc!

poohbear1183
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 5:37 PM

My DD will be 4 in August and she LOVES them! If I let her, she would do workbooks for over an hour. I know this because one day I decided to let her do worksheet pages until she got tired of them, well 20 pages latwer I had ehr stop because her sister woke up. We use them in addition to other things. My other DD will be 2 in May so we will see what works for her.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I will use them when they are young and then switch to writing or assigning their work by the week or by the day depending what the day brings.  

melissaoliver79
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:22 PM

gonna try them next year. I found a whole 3rd grade last year text book set with workbooks and teacher guides to guide me.. not gonna stick to though

mjp2707
by Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:28 PM
My 4 y/o loves loves loves workbooks. I think my 3 y/o will hate them.

Nikki I am going to have to checkout these workbooks at SAMs.

Quoting Boobah:

I thought I was anti workbooks. Then I let my daughter do a comprehensive curriculum one we got from SAMs and she really enjoys it. It is a good reminder of things we need to work on, and is also something she can do without a lot of help when I am busy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crystalhend
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:36 PM
What kind are they?

Quoting melissaoliver79:

gonna try them next year. I found a whole 3rd grade last year text book set with workbooks and teacher guides to guide me.. not gonna stick to though

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN