Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Love it or leave it: workbooks?

Posted by   + Show Post

giving heartOR devil

Do you love workbooks for your kids- or do you wish you would have left them the store?  What kind have you tried?  

by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Replies (21-27):
AlyBren
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Meh. My DD loves workbooks. We're unschooling, but that of course includes whatever materials she wants to use in her learning, and since she likes them, I like them.

I got the Brainquest workbooks and the Big ___ Grade books. She thinks it's fun and loves to "do school" in them.

Mommy2Phenley
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I didn't plan on doing workbooks but did end up getting a couple and DD loves them. Not all workbooks, but she loves the Kumon ones and a few others. She didn't like the Big Preschool Workbook from wal mart. She's seen some sample pages from Singapore EB and really wants it. I don't love or hate them. So long as she likes them I'll keep getting them, though.

NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:37 AM

We love workbooks here.  Ds prefers them over websites or CD Roms.   The favorites are the Barnes & Noble ones that are less than $10:  Spectrum, Flash Kids, Basic Skills, etc.

Angela

dd(18) Freshman in college, dd(15) Sophomore at the (real) Fame school,                                               ds(11) 5th Grade homeschooler

Visit my Blog

Jeremmy
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 4:19 PM

My son loves them, so we do some. we have a page with some questions for science each day, a couple pages for reading/writing and a couple pages of math. because i dont require tons of pages he usually gets his already-done work books and does them over again for fun.

cdugue
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I wouldn't say my son loves them, but he likes them! We have Spectrum Phonics and Math, both K. 

We work in them about 3x/week, each subject. He also likes to look through them in the evening, or whenever he feels like it.

I'm thinking of getting MCP Plaid Phonics in a few weeks, since he just finished his phonics workbook.

Coca.Cola
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Oh we love workbooks. She adores going to Barnes & Noble and picking out new books. I love seeing her polish them off. She carrys them with her everywhere. 

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:22 AM
My daughter is 3.5 and loves them! She would do a whole workbook in one sitting if she could. I was the same way as a kid though. I used to buy workbooks for myself at "cash king" when I was in elementary and middle school lol. I was a weird kid though. I was in public school but during the summer would beg my dad to give me assignments. They would usually be reports or the questions out of his college biology or geology book lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN