Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How often do you do one on one time with your child(ren)?   I know we all home school for that special time with our kids, but how often does this one on one time occur and what do you use that special time for?  Do you use it to catch up on each others company or do you use this time as a way help with the school work? 

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:20 PM
Replies (11-12):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Oh please don't feel bad.  My intention by my post isn't to put negativity on anyone but to see what it is that other mothers do with their children.  Not to put a light on the quantity of time.   Even sitting with them quietlly is a great one on one time and well spent time too.  Just because you aren't doing something active doesn't mean its not good enough quality time either.  As our kids get older, they are learning to be more independant of us and learning how to be on their own and know how to handle being on their own. And as they approach adulthood, they are able to handle more and more on their own.  We aren't raising them to be with us forever, although that would seem to be nice.   :) 

Quoting 1Redapple:

Oh, now I feel bad.  I think our 1 on 1 time is getting less and less as she ages.  I do purposely sit with her durring her favorite tv programs and I know she likes that sometimes she even talks to me. But...the first 11 years, she was a shadow to me always there and engaging me.  It is good for her to grow and change and through school we are still one on one.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 1:43 PM

One on one time happens when it happens. We are busy, but it gets worked in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN