Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Uggg...DD...

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM
  • 9 Replies
2 moms liked this
She is so unfocused lately. She hid a bunch of her schoolwork again last week. I found at least 5 assignments not done when I started reviewing her work over the weekend.

She got a swat on the butt for eachone that she had marked as complete on her assignment sheet. I told her that its lying and cheating and she has done this before and new the consequence.

She is supposed to go to learning center today...which she LOVES...but I told her she isn't going until she finished her "missed" assignments. I'm really so ticked I don't want to take her there at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
oredeb
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:05 PM

your a good mom jinx

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I feel like the mean ogre!! I hate being the ogre!!!

I expect a lot of the kids, we are stricter than many HS families (IMO) but I also gve them a lot of leeway. I tell them if thy can't complete their work, or think it's too much or too hard to bring it to me and we will discuss modiying it, or changing how it's done (ie:verbal instead of writeen) etc. There is NO reason to hide it. That just gives you more work!

She just is UGgggggg...I've herad alot of complaints about 8/9yo girls lately - I'm wondering i it's just the age.

FYI: she did NOT get it completed by my 10am deadline so she did NOT go to learning center and she really worked hard and caught up on all of it today!

Well, there are two assignments she needs to finish tonight but my nephew that I tutor is here and on his free time before we get back to work. He is in PS so he gets 30-45 min of down time after he finishes his PS homework before we do our math and spelling work.

Quoting oredeb:

your a good mom jinx

Jinx - Homeschooling Scout & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Brownie Heidi 4/03. Police wife to Joe and Alpha to my fur baby German Shepherd Spazz.

oredeb
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:37 PM

im so glad you stuck to the punshment jinx,  i would do the same thing

maybe its spring is here causing her to be unfocused! sometimes ill see the kids gazing out the window, thinking of all the fun stuff they wana do!hahahah

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:57 PM
I'd have done the same, good job mama! Lying isn't okay and they won't learn that they can't cheat their way through if we don't teach them. I know it's hard, but good job!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlyBren
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 5:45 AM

A person is best judged by how they treat their children. That's all I'm going to say.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Apr. 13, 2012 at 3:49 PM
I guess I need clarification...????

If I was paranoid...I would think you are making a snide remark for the swats on the bum...

Since I'm confident in my love of DD and my form of discipline, I will assume you mean I should be commended for my folow through and teaching DD to be honest.

Quoting AlyBren:

A person is best judged by how they treat their children. That's all I'm going to say.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 6:58 PM

hi aly i dont understand either?!!

Quoting AlyBren:

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 9:12 PM

It's probably just a bit of spring fever and hormones. Missie is 10, soon to be 11, oh boy, the mood swings! lol

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:27 AM

What a silly remark. what on earth do you mean?? 

Quoting oredeb:

hi aly i dont understand either?!!

Quoting AlyBren:

I am a stay at home,  home educating, non-vaxingmother to many children :)  And a very happy wife to a wonderful man!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN