Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What are you learning about this week?

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:14 AM
  • 14 Replies

?????

by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM

hi mem, we will be learning about anatomy still,  will be doing some other power points, and learning the effect of diseases on the human body

history we are doing the revolutionary war, still learning the countries of the world,

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I'm running behind. Maybe we will do Earth Day things.

P.N._Guin
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Gardening! From scratch?
Literally, I said I really wished we had a vegetable garden, and dh started digging! What!? We don't have money to build raised beds or anything, so we will be talking about soil, compost, planting, etc. we'll see if we get a harvest this fall. If not, it will sure be a dirty learning experience!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Oh lets see, one of our cars died so we will be learning about how to shop for a car on a budget! We also started a garden, so we are leaning about that too!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
SPRING BREAK !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swim-mom72
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:50 AM

My youngest finished his history text last week. So this week we will be digging deeper into things that interest him. He has chosen the United Kingdom, Knights of the Round Table, the Lost Colony of Roanoke, and Captain James Cook.

We are learning about bacteria in Anatomy class. So we will be making our own petri dishes and testing different sources around the house for bacteria growth.

And my oldest son is finishing up his research paper for history to turn in this week.

I hope everyone has a blessed week!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Uh oh! I think that, even though I know there is obviously bacteria in our home, Confirming it might make me sick. Haha

Quoting swim-mom72:

My youngest finished his history text last week. So this week we will be digging deeper into things that interest him. He has chosen the United Kingdom, Knights of the Round Table, the Lost Colony of Roanoke, and Captain James Cook.

We are learning about bacteria in Anatomy class. So we will be making our own petri dishes and testing different sources around the house for bacteria growth.

And my oldest son is finishing up his research paper for history to turn in this week.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JackelineEllis
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Gardening

Danielle163
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM

We are working on double/triple multiplication, review on some geometry concepts, time, more fractions, continuing to explore decimals, the solar system & the planets, the Age of Revolution coupled with geography, writing, etc.

That gardening idea sounds great P.N. ! We are in the planning stages for the garden right now..............wow so much going on..........

swim-mom72
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Quoting Boobah:

Uh oh! I think that, even though I know there is obviously bacteria in our home, Confirming it might make me sick. Haha

Quoting swim-mom72:

HA!! Yeah, I'm a bit nervous, LOL! but, maybe it will light a fire under my kids to help me clean more : ) there is def a bright side!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)