Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Hello everyone.

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:12 AM
  • 11 Replies

Hello Everyone.  I have three teen girls.  My oldest is 18, and is a senior this year.  I have twin daughters that are 15.  They are in 9th grade this year.  I began homeschooling my oldest when she was in 4th grade, and my twins at the beginning of 1st grade.

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
j9latulippe
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Hi. Welcome to the group.  It sounds like you have a lot of experience. Why did you start homeschooling your children?

oredeb
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:33 AM

welcome homemomof3girls!!!

one graduating this year!! great! does she know what shes gona do after graduating highschool?

usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Welcome to the group!

awilliams77
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Welcome! I have a 16 yr old daughter and a 12 yr old son that I homeschool. My 19 and 21 yr old daughters graduated from homeschool.
bether89
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Welcome!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Hello!

romacox
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Welcome.  It is good to have you here.

homemomof3girls
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I started homeschooling because I knew I could do a better job educating my girls at home than through the public school system.  I wanted my girls to enjoy learning.  I also wanted to spend more time with them.  I feel that through homeschooling my girls, my husband and I all have such a great relationship with each other.  It is a relationship built on love and respect.  We are each other's support system.  My daughter's have an incredible sibling bond with each other.  

homemomof3girls
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 11:52 AM

She is deciding right now between community college and studying something in the field of computer support or a four year university and perhaps engineering.  She has really strong math and science skills.  She was offered a scholarship (good ACT scores) at a four year private college .  It was a generous scholarship, but still requires taking on some student loans and parent loans.  I just hate seeing her come out of college with a big debt to repay.  I feel that if she did the first two years at the community college then transfer, we could keep up to paying for college without student loan debt.

homemomof3girls
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Have you always homeschooled?  What made you decide to homeschool your children?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)