Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

If you were in charge of running a school, how would you go about it?

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:52 PM
  • 5 Replies

you had complete control what went on there

make it as big as you wanted or as small

how would you go about it?

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

My dream school would offer classes for people of all ages. There would not be a segregation of age! There would be no grades no test, every class would be voluntary & optional. The instructors would be people that are passionate about what they teach, I am talking a real chef teaching cooking, a real artiest teaching art, a real mechanic teaching auto shop! Also all the classes would be things like I just mentioned & so much more.

oredeb
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:17 AM

i love it us!!!

usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks Deb!

Quoting oredeb:

i love it us!!!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I love what you said !   This is as close to what I would do that I am not even going to try and conjur up one myself.  lol    

Quoting usmom3:

1. My dream school would offer classes for people of all ages.~~ YES  

2. There would not be a segregation of age! There would be no grades, no test,( I would do some basic testing just to show they are learning, for their own purposes. ) Every class would be voluntary & optional. ~~ YES

3. The instructors would be people that are passionate about what they teach, I am talking a real chef teaching cooking, a real artiest teaching art, a real mechanic teaching auto shop! ~~ YES 

4. Also all the classes would be things like I just mentioned & so much more. ~~ YES

Awesome !!!  :)

MessedUpMama
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:00 PM
I've been thinking about schools a lot lately. I'd like to work on the public schools. Because there are so many families that can't homeschool for one reason or another. So, I'd start with some testing to find out what type of learner each child is, and have classes or maybe even while schools set up to teach to each type. I really hate the one size fits all mind set of public schools. I think that something like this would help with a lot of problems in the early grades. In upper grades having people who love what they teach who are currantly or have in the past been able to use the knowledge in their work or everyday life would be great. Add to that allowing kids to advance at their own rate in each class, so if your child is advanced in math she can advance as quickly as she wants to in math whike maybe taking her time with reading or science. This would require multi age classrooms as the norm rather than the exception. I'm sure there is more I'm not thinking of right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)