Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I am currently loking into using both of these video service providers as part of our schooling andI am in need of some opinions....

Does anyone use them and how well does it work for you?  Do you stream or do you have equipment that lets you watch some other way?  

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:36 AM

We use netflix.  They have many historical based movies!!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:50 PM

How do you work both of them into your day?  Do you use one for the daytime and one for the night time? 

Quoting usmom3:

We get Netflix but we don't use the streaming because our Internet is not consistent & we have to buffer a lot. I have Amazon Prime & we get free instant watch shows with that. I have a friend that used Blockbuster & hated it so we never tried it!

lucsch
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Love Netflix!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Do you mom's use it just for school or do you use it for watching whenever? 

usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:05 PM

We use the netflix mostly for movies for entertainment. We get 3 DVDs out at a time & it was supposed to be 1 for the kids, 1 for hubby & me (for our date night in our room) & 1 for educational use but it hasn't worked out that way!

The Amazon Prime we don't use much because it really doesn't have a lot of what we like on it for free.

We also have Satellite with a DVR & we us it for educational stuff all the time. My kids love to watch shows on science, history, nature, home improvement & cooking.

Quoting kirbymom:

How do you work both of them into your day?  Do you use one for the daytime and one for the night time? 

Quoting usmom3:

We get Netflix but we don't use the streaming because our Internet is not consistent & we have to buffer a lot. I have Amazon Prime & we get free instant watch shows with that. I have a friend that used Blockbuster & hated it so we never tried it!

Pinned Image

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Do you find its worth the money, how you have your system set up? 

Quoting usmom3:

We use the netflix mostly for movies for entertainment. We get 3 DVDs out at a time & it was supposed to be 1 for the kids, 1 for hubby & me (for our date night in our room) & 1 for educational use but it hasn't worked out that way!

The Amazon Prime we don't use much because it really doesn't have a lot of what we like on it for free.

We also have Satellite with a DVR & we us it for educational stuff all the time. My kids love to watch shows on science, history, nature, home improvement & cooking.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting usmom3:

bether89
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:23 PM

We have Netflix streaming through our dvd player.  We really like it.

usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Yes, we aren't the kind of people that watch a movie over & over so there really is no reason to buy them & my kids love watching movies so it is nice to have a variety at our disposal.

Quoting kirbymom:

Do you find its worth the money, how you have your system set up? 

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting usmom3:

Pinned Image

buzymom93
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:29 AM

we stream nextflix thru out wii and like it. i have alwasy like nextflix.. used to get the discs delivered and just switched to streaming.. not as many movies available that way but still  love netflix.. i also have a blockbuster account.. there was a 30 day trial so i thougth i would check it out but use it for games for the wii.. its ok.. they take much longer to ship then netflix did so we are waiting longer in between games.. and then most of the ones we want aren't available.. it says there is a wait for them so i am not sure if i will keep it past the trial... 

will most likely switch to www.gamefly.com for the games but will def keep netflix.. we love it... :)

Christian Homeschooling Mamma to two wonderful, busy, boys... Mario, 19yrs, and Isaiah, 7yrs

Check out my blog:    http://ourcrazyhomeschoollife.blogspot.com/

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 21, 2012 at 12:28 PM

What are the type of movies..documentaries, do you use for school?   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN