Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone use K12 independent study curriculum?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:24 PM
  • 6 Replies

Anyone use k12 independent study curriculum? Anyone know how it compares to their International Academy curriculum? Looking to make a switch next yr to save some money.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I've never heard of it but bump!!

bugayfamilyof4
by Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Me either. Here is BUMP !!

Mrs.Kg8500
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Quoting bugayfamilyof4:

Me either. Here is BUMP !!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chaitime
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I have used the K12 curriculum as an independent homeschooler for 10 years.  I have a 7th and 9th grader.  This year my son, 9th grader, was enrolled full time in K12's International Academy (iCademy).  For K-8 the curriculum is the same whether you get it independently or through the iCademy.  The level of support is different.  As an independent homeschooler, you are not tied to a schedule or a teacher.  iCademy has teachers, counselors, advisors, long term planning, aptitude testing, etc. that goes with a fully accredited school, just done at home.  Both options offer clubs and a great support community.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 7, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Do you mean just buying their curriculum vs using their program? I looked into doing that, but it was super expensive. Since we are traditional homeschoolers at my house, we ended up just picking our own curriculums based on how my dd learns best, and how I teach best. For second grade we have spent $150ish total!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3boys285
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I am a new to homeschooling.  I will be home schooling my thirteen year old son.  Our state uses the K12 program for their "Cyber" Academy.  Unfortunately, for right now, he doesn't qualify for the Cyber Academy program (which is an online, tuition free school program) because he was expelled from school for the rest of this year and our school system doesn't offer a good alternative program.   This is not cheap by no means, but I want to be able to have lesson plans already done for me versus just buying the subjects and making my own.

Has anyone else started to use this program since the last post last year? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)