Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Spanish for kindergarten?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:57 PM
  • 6 Replies
I am looking at a light spanish program for my pre-k and K. I ran across one called Spanish Champs that looks good? Any other recs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
duttonwood
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:50 AM

SOme tv shows have a little spanish in them that my kids picked up on like Dora and sesame street.  I taught them to count the 10 in spanish but they have now forgotton it. Be careful not to over whelm them since pre-k and k1 are very busy years with learning the basics of everything.

wright1212
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Yay, starting this early will make it easier. I LOVE tonifruto. I think that is how you spell it, go to youtube and type in beginner spanish and he should pop up. He is a highschool spanish teacher and has TONS of tutorial videos on there. We started with colors, then ABC, then family, and now clothing. My DD-7 loves and can easily follow along! Then I looked up little booklets we make on the words mostly from enchantedlearning.com

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:44 AM

There is a program that with a character that I want to call Muzzie or something. Sorry, I'm no help. LOL

Emily-C
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Spanish for Kids is a great program! It's a full lesson plan created by a Spanish teacher and it's designed for young children. It comes with everything you need to teach your youngsters Spanish. Here's the link! http://www.spanishforkids.com/index.php?aff_id=3 

mik1of3
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM

That's a great idea....my daughter is in private school (I didn't know much about homeschool when she was younger or it may have been something I considered!)  and has been learning Spanish since kindergarten.

chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I was recommended to use Hooked On Phonics: Hooked On Spanish. I don't know how great it is but it seems like it will be a good program to use.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN