Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Can anyone point me to...

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:37 AM
  • 8 Replies

Websites or resources for information about home school curriculum?

I'm Tracey, and am trying to learn more about alternatives to public schooling for my 17 mo. old DD.

I am looking for info on the types of curriculum offered, which ones are accredited, and the comparisons among them all.

Thanks in advance!

by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:05 PM

hmm, I don't know of a website like that off the top of my head, but I know they are out there. BUMP!!! 8)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I would see when the next homeschooling convention is going to be near you. You get to see all the curriculum up close. 8)

TraceyMR
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:09 PM

oredeb
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

heres some reviews on curr tracey, http://cathyduffyreviews.com/

as for alternatives to ps, only one i know of is homeschooling!!

as for accredited and comparisons, no ideas, 

romacox
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Tracey,

As for accreditation, 42 states offer "Dual Enrollment" which means a homeschooler can attend college for free until they turn 18.  Many homeschoolers that take advantage of this program, have a two year degree or more under their belts by age 18.  No problem with collage entrance with this method

It use to be hard for home educated children to enter college.  But that has now changed because colleges have discovered that home educated kids outperform their public schooled counterparts. But it is important to keep records, and transcripts.

The following article gives information about Dual Enrollment, various state laws, methods and curriculum used by home educators (I prefer the curriculum created by home educators...it is better), how to find home school groups near you, grade level requirements,  courses for the college bound students, scholarships, and more:

How To Home School

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 21, 2012 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

To actually see any comparisons, you would have to do the research yourself.  Also, if you check out home schooling statistics, you should come up with some comparisons on ps and hs.  I would also  check out what romacox is suggesting.  :)   

TraceyMR
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Thank you all!

usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 21, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Also there might be new options by the time your DD gets to be school age!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)