Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Love it or leave it: Paper Planners?

Posted by   + Show Post

giving heartOR devil

Do you love your paper homeschool planner or do you wish you would have left it at the store?

Have you ever used one?  What type and what did you like about it?

by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Replies (11-16):
SouthernLadyRTR
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 10:59 PM
I have one, I usually write my plan for the day in it early in the morning once I get a "feel" for what I think I can get out of my kids that day lol Whenever I tried to schedule days in advance I felt I was always falling behind. This way takes the pressure off and I find I accomplish much more than I ever did ;-)
Lilypie Maternity tickers
pregnancy due date

SouthernLadyRTR
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Quoting SuprMom12042702:

I am in the process of building my own planner from scratch. Right now it is just for school, I am hoping to eventually build it into a home management binder. I am taking baby steps (lol) and a school planner is more important than a cleaning schedule.

I spent lots of time on a HMB. It's all pretty and organized.....it also sit on my kitchen counter and never gets used. Lol Good luck! It's a great idea if you can stick with using it.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
pregnancy due date

lucsch
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:56 PM

I have a motivated moms calendar that I sort of us. Once I memorized the daily and weekly chores (ignoring the rest!), I hardly look at it anymore.

For school, I make my own paper lesson planner book each year. I got tired of looking for one, so I made my own. I just print out the grid and fill it in with a pen every week or two. It is proof of the work we do (page numbers, days, dates, subject, the "number" of the day, etc.)

bluevelvetKS
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Notebook and pen/pencil for me.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:30 PM
I made one like the well planned day, but only printed through december. So it was awesome while I was using it, but then I never got around to printing the rest so we are using a regular monthly/daily calendar like a day runner but notebook paper size.

I'm very interested in the new well planned day software. I can't wait to see it when it comes out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bether89
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Right now I use a notebook.  I would like to find a good planner for the next school year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN