Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

If you have defined school months, are you "nearing the end of year"?

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 6:48 PM
  • 10 Replies
Anyone getting close to finishing some of your curriculums?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Apr. 21, 2012 at 6:50 PM
We finished handwriting without tears many months ago because we started in the summer.
We recently finished all about spelling level 1 and outdoor secrets (science).
Hopefully we can finish the rest before baby arrives!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Apr. 21, 2012 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
We finished AAS Levels 1 and 2 and will be done with 3 before the end of the year.

DS2 finished his history, Poetry comp., geography, and handwriting already. He will finish math in about 3 weeks.

Dd and DS1 are both really close to finishing their history.

DS1 finished his science.

DD is close finishing handwriting, and science.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Apr. 21, 2012 at 7:32 PM

We have another month of school left but it's getting closer & they are feeling it, very restless. We finished  our first round of history books a  few motnhs ago, and my oldest breezed through her HWT, youngest is on her 2nd HWT book.(she asked to learn cursive)

momof3inapril09
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 10:38 PM

we have about 25 days left. I was stretching it out but since my dss has started homeschooling last week, his mom has his work till the end of when his public school would have ended so I condensed all that we had to do so that my kids end at the same time and they can enjoy the rest of the "summer" with their brother. We should be done no later than May 24th and that is including taking about 6 "School days" off for field trips and sick days. Our "sick days" are really just "I don't feel like it" days since none of us ever really get sick. LOL

SouthernLadyRTR
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I like to homeschool year round taking weeks/days off as we want/need them. We started new curriculum about 3 weeks ago.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
pregnancy due date

oredeb
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:17 AM

we will be all done in about 2 week!! and start up again in sept.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:34 AM
That's awesome! We have about 30 math lessons left, sometimes doing more than one a day(today we did three) so hopefully we will be done before the end of may.

Quoting oredeb:

we will be all done in about 2 week!! and start up again in sept.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bether89
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 7:45 PM

We should be done by the end of May.  My DS is almost done with his curriculum.  He might finish his social studies this week or next.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 7:56 PM

We'll be done in Mid-June and won't start up again until Labor Day.  But we've got a lot of field trips planned for this summer and the boys read non-stop!

lucsch
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Yes, we have about 25 days left. Curriculum wise we are half way through our main curriculum, as I planned. We will have one LU of math left to start out the next school year. We are finishing several subjects within the next 2 weeks. i have some short subjects to fill in the time. It's all about skill development, not really about finishing a book.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)