Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im confused about "handwriting without tears"

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:01 PM
  • 4 Replies
I was looking into getting handwriting without tears for my daughters kindergarten curriculum this fall. I am confused as to what you are supposed to order though. Is it one book or many books? The chalkboard? Letters? There is so much stuff I wish they had a kindergarten essentials kit or something because I'm confused as to what to buy. Help please!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
WifeMomStudent
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:13 PM
My son did it at public school in prek. I think you just need the student workbook & the teacher guide. The rest is just extra I believe.
Mommy2Phenley
by Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I'm getting the workbook (prek for DD), the Stamp & See, and the Chalkboard.

bluevelvetKS
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't use workbooks, just lined paper. It is much cheaper and there is more room per page to do work. You can use the whole sheet over many days and see how the handwriting progresses :)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:27 PM
We did just the workbook and teachers manual. We had a stuffed bunny at home we used as our "magic c bunny" just for fun, but not necessary. I didn't get the rest of the stuff but if you have a struggling writer some of it may help. Oh we did have a little chalkboard (about 6" tall by 4" wide) with chalk. We got it for $1 at the teacher store.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)