Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT: If your hubby goes on a trip, who packs his bag? You or him?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:24 AM
  • 17 Replies

Hubby just left on a trip and, yep, I washed his clothes and packed all his stuff, including toiletries. LOL What would he do without me?

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

hahahaha mem same here! my dh would only bring his fishing boots and pants if he packed!hahahahaha

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:33 AM

We generally are both going if going anywhere but yeah, I always pack his stuff for him.  :-)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep, same here. I honestly wonder what this house would be like if I weren't around. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:38 AM

This is the first time we've ever been separated but he has to go on a business meeting out of state and for some reason they aren't too keen on our whole family coming. At the end of May, he has to go see his ailing Grandma and we can't afford for all of us to go and then he has a Cub Scout camping trip to go on. After 10 years of togetherness, he will be gone 3 differnt times in as many months. 8(

Quoting bren_darlene:

We generally are both going if going anywhere but yeah, I always pack his stuff for him.  :-)

maggiandmike
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:39 AM

He likes to pack his own stuff. I let him, since I have to pack everyone else.

wowguildmomma
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I pack cause if not the only thing he would pack would be the Nintiendo DS and underwear

Knightquester
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I usually pack his bag, but he may add some things or need others that I didn't think of.  For the most part though I pack all the bags when we go on trips.

swim-mom72
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:17 AM

My husband use to travel A LOT for business. Thankfully, he does not go away as often. But, when he does, he packs and I unpack. He is a better packer than me, LOL. And I do all the laundry and stuff, so I have the unpacking detail.

Lynette
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:29 AM

DH packs his own bags for when we go someplace or when he travels for work.  It has never crossed my mind to pack for him.  I pack for myself and the kids.  And someday when the kids are teens they will pack for themselves too. 

Knightquester
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

That's kind of ironic, when we hit our 10th year a few years back was when my husband went on his first business trips and it was also our first time apart.  I did have a hard time sleeping without him, and worried about him being so far away.  He brought his computer so we did chat and play chess online together, but I mostly spent a little extra time with the kids.

Hang in there, I'm sure your husband will do fine and be home in no time.  If you get lonely, bored or can't sleep you always have Cafemom, and there's always somebody awake that could use a good chat.

Quoting mem82:

This is the first time we've ever been separated but he has to go on a business meeting out of state and for some reason they aren't too keen on our whole family coming. At the end of May, he has to go see his ailing Grandma and we can't afford for all of us to go and then he has a Cub Scout camping trip to go on. After 10 years of togetherness, he will be gone 3 differnt times in as many months. 8(

Quoting bren_darlene:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN