Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I start next year!!

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:58 AM
  • 11 Replies

Kids and I are so excited for next year to get here, I am going to be a Homeschooling mom!!  I can't wait!!  The homeschooling group that I am in will be getting out of school on May 8th which is only a couple of weeks away, school however lets out of May 31.  My kiddos hate hate hate school, my dd deals with bully's and my ds is just counting down the days until he no longer has to go to school period :-( Anyway I don't know what to do, part of me wants to take them out after the first week of May, Dh points out that they'd only have a couple of weeks left after that, they really don't want to finish out the year. What would you do?

breastfeedingCameron bouncing momTrev & Gracie kissing dad

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:00 AM
I'd pull :) they barely even do school the last month anyway. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swim-mom72
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:07 AM

First...CONGRATS!!

Secondly, you must comply with your state regulations. So if taking them out without notification is against state laws, then you should wait.

Thirdly, if they are in danger, physically or mentally, then I would take them out now. But if not, leaving them would be fine. It would give you a chance to get all your "ducks in a row" for your new adventure. Plus, it would teach them about the importance of following through with a committment. They should not feel like they can stop doing things just because they hate it, like school. But, like I said, if they are in danger it is a whole nother situation.

Good luck!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:08 AM
This is true. You'd have to do a letter of intent to homeschool for this year as well as next (or whatever your state requires).

Quoting swim-mom72:

First...CONGRATS!!

Secondl, you must comply with your state regulations. So if taking them out without notification is against state laws, then you should wait.

Thirdly, if they are in danger, physically or mentally, then I would take them out now. But if not, leaving them would give be fine. It would give you a chance to get all your "ducks in a row" for your new adventure. Plus, it would teach them about the importance of following through with a committment. They should not feel like they can stop doing things just because they hate it, like school. But, like I said, if they are in danger it is a whole nother situation.

Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:19 AM

me my self would never let them go back to public school agian! and take them out fast!hahahahah

oredeb
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:20 AM

ohhh swimmom, very good advice!!!

Quoting swim-mom72:

First...CONGRATS!!

Secondly, you must comply with your state regulations. So if taking them out without notification is against state laws, then you should wait.

Thirdly, if they are in danger, physically or mentally, then I would take them out now. But if not, leaving them would be fine. It would give you a chance to get all your "ducks in a row" for your new adventure. Plus, it would teach them about the importance of following through with a committment. They should not feel like they can stop doing things just because they hate it, like school. But, like I said, if they are in danger it is a whole nother situation.

Good luck!

haskins46563
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:31 PM
I'm kind of in the same boat. We have decided to homeschool next year (will be 1st and 3rd graders). However so much junk is going on everyday that I'm ready to just pull them out now. It's silly reasons, but my son (2nd grader) is really just done with it all and is probably feeding off my energy and excitement (sometimes fear) about homeschooling.
However I'm also the PTO president and with the fun fair coming up in a couple weeks I have to follow through with my obligation to that and am leading by example to my kids. Just because we are all frustrated doesn't mean we can abandon things we committed to. So they have to tough it out and so do I.
However if the bullying is detrimental to her emotional or physical self, pull them out and don't regret it for a minute.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:12 PM

This is really great advice. I will second this advice with a hearty Amen!  :) 

Quoting haskins46563:

leading by example to my kids. Just because we are all frustrated doesn't mean we can abandon things we committed to. So they have to tough it out and so do I.
However if the bullying is detrimental to her emotional or physical self, pull them out and don't regret it for a minute.

melissaoliver79
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I am starting next year too. My son wants to finish out this year in his class for a few of his friends that wont be here next year.I figured texas school system messed him up already so a few weeks wont matter. Gives me time to plan and stock up.

TxMom2324
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Where at on Texas are you? It wad the middle schools that helped me drive and pushed my dhto agree with me -)

Quoting melissaoliver79:

I am starting next year too. My son wants to finish out this year in his class for a few of his friends that wont be here next year.I figured texas school system messed him up already so a few weeks wont matter. Gives me time to plan and stock up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissaoliver79
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:16 PM

waco area ... my sons is in 2nd grade this year for the 2nd time...

Quoting TxMom2324:

Where at on Texas are you? It wad the middle schools that helped me drive and pushed my dhto agree with me -)

Quoting melissaoliver79:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN