Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Bragging about our co-op a little ;)

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:29 PM
  • 7 Replies
2 moms liked this

Ok I have to brag. My kids just finished writing their own books. This was prompted by a writing class they took at our co-op which was taught by a mom who is also a college professor. These books are awesome! I'm so proud!!

Late For School by DJ (10 y/o)

Pokemon Adventure by Xman (8 y/o)

At our coop this semester I also taught a video class where the kids choreographed, filmed and edited their own music video - I'm so proud, the video came out awesome!

Viral Video Class

And of course they made a little outtakes video lol

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I love to see this kind of stuff from co-ops! The kids learn so much more from doing the things than if they read about it!

kokyuhomama
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Bragging is allowed!  Thanks for sharing!

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:05 PM

That is AWESOME!  They did a great job :-)

I wished we had a good co-op that was local and all-inclusive, the closest one is a over a half hour drive one direction and it's not a very good one IMO.

melissaoliver79
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:09 PM

that is so cute!

romacox
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Thank you for sharing this.  You brightened my day.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:17 AM
Quoting Knightquester:

That is AWESOME!  They did a great job :-)

I wished we had a good co-op that was local and all-inclusive, the closest one is a over a half hour drive one direction and it's not a very good one IMO.

It is a challenge 2 find a good co-op. i was SHOCKED to find out some of our members drive an hour or more to use our co-op. i think i was so surprised because i could never commit to doing that weekly. But our co-op is fantastic. We have many parents who are highly educated (lots of former/current engineers, bio-chemical engineers, professors, etc) so we have some great teachers for those core classes (science, math, computer programming, writing, etc) plus the building we use is through Weslan University so we have access to lots of graduate students who are willing to teach a variety of music classes, we have ballet and jazz dancing, theatre, Hogwarts School of Wizardry, etc. Our co-op is really dedicated to the middle ages, 8- tweens, though we have classes for the pre-k and up crowd as well.

This semester i taught a Medieval Times history class, the kids made authentic costumes (inc. swords) and catapults et, we learned an authentic medieval group dance, and our final day was a Ren Faire type thing. My kids were so interested in learning filming that i said i would teach the viral video class (i usually teach math & science classes). The kids really worked together making up the choreography, we had 2 shy kids so they became the directors/filmers, everyone had their hands in editing. I'm just so proud of all of them!

Next semester i'll be doing a Camp Half Blood class and a fun intro to Algebra, Trig, Geometry, Calculus. But, trust me, we know how lucky we are to have found this co-op.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:22 AM
How stinking cool is that!?!? I love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN