Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

hooked on phonics?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 7:39 PM
  • 4 Replies

ok i have a couple of months before first grade when i officially start homeschooling for a whole grade and i want to buy my curriculum sense i will have 4 other babies who will be using it. but i just found out hooked on phonics does math and reading are they ok to use as the curriculum for those subject  or do i need to supplement. because with hooked on phonics it goes all the way up to 10tell their 10 so that's a good 4 years curriculum unless my child goes through it like nothing. but can i trust it to be able to teach her everything in those subject or should i find something else to substitute with it as well. i used the original hooked on phonics and i loved it and if my kids are anything like me they will love it too any idea guys!

save the date

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tinkerspell
by Kera on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:34 AM
We used HOP for learning to read and Spanish w/ my youngest. He enjoyed it (especially the independant nature) BUT, it was too easy (both subjects), and he went through the program in about 3 weeks.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I've heard good things about it, especially in the beginning stages.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I have heard good things about hop but I wish they hadn't taken it out of school when i was going to school. That is one of the many reasons I write my own curriculum.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)