Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do you live now and whats it known for?

Posted by   + Show Post
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:49 AM
I'm outsiide of Los Angeles...the Antelope Valley...we are known for aerospace design and engineering, and have the "Mojave Space port" where they are trying to design reuseable tourist spaceships.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:19 PM

We live in a neighborhood in Pa that thinks its uptown and has a ghetto mentality and really is neither.  lol     

ballerina.2006
by Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Wasilla, Alaska-Sarah Palin

Alaska-crab, eskimos...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liamoondancer
by Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Southern Lancaster County - almost down to the Mason-Dixon Line.  We live in the middle of Amish farmland.  Lots of Native American and Colonial historical sites as well.  Come visit!!!

Liamoondancer
by Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Hi Kirbymom!  Where in Pa are you??

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Cincinnati - the bengals, crime, it's normally on the map... I have no idea. Lol
I live just north of cincy but it's the closest major city. Where I live is known for the "best water on the world". It is good, but I find that hard to believe. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katzmeow726
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Mobile AL, and I'll post some pics.

Our Azaleas, and the azalea trail run

Azalea trail maids.  I was almost selected to be one.  But they didn't like my answer in the second interview to one question lol.

THe battleship, USS Alabama.  Currently a war museum

THe BIRTH PLACE of mardi gras in the united states

And...unfortunately...the Mobile Leprechaun.

victoriaherring
by Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 3:52 PM
I currently live in Albany, Ga - Paula Deen is from here and Luke Bryan is from the area and so is Phillip Phillips who is on American Idol. My church is known for making the movies Fireproof, Courageous, and Facing the Giants. Other than that Albany is just known as a bad city as it is shown in Courageous. I think it has one of the highest crime rates in America.

We are from Thomaston, Ga though and still consider it home (we are military) a member of the Zac Brown Band is from there. Our former judge was on one of the first seasons of Survivor. Not much more cause its such a small town. Oh and my elementary school teacher was an Olympic gold medalist who ran in the 1960 Rome Olympics with Wilma Rudolph.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy.etc.
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Marshall, Texas. Known for the wonderland of lights and the Starr family home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
6Fish
by Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

We're in Belle Fourche, SD; known as the center of the nation. We're also in the Black Hills, known most famously for Mount Rushmore!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)