Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Fun body projects for first grade?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:10 PM
  • 3 Replies
I want to do something fun with the girls (6 and 3) as we are learning about the body. I could google, but you ladies have better ideas. ;)

If you have pics feel free to share!

I was thinking of outlining their bodies on paper then drawing major organs where they would go. I'm not sure that is such a great idea with my artistic abilities, maybe I can find some to print. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
oredeb
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 5:57 PM

we just got done doing the outline and putting in the body parts, if you cant draw copy them and let the kids color them, we are going to label the body parts also,

we made skeletons, small ones using those brad thingys so the arms and legs can work,

the kids im teaching are older than yours, but we learned what each part does and why we need it and how to keep it healthy etc

compare our body to an amimal

we also did a side of nuitrition unit

ablessedlife
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Maybe you could find some pre-drawn images somewhere. Last year I posted a life size outline of a body on the wall (just trace one of the kids) and we learned the parts of the digestive system while learning about nutrition. We had fun! (A good opportunity to learn about the five senses, too!)
gacgbaker
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:49 AM

My son did a project where you outlined your whole body and drew the organs- he still has his body double, lol.   I think printing the images off and then pasting them to the body could work great!  I'm not a good artist either, lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN