Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Choosing your curriculum

Posted by   + Show Post

How did you decide which curriculum was the one for you?  Was it by trial and error or did you already know what you wanted?   

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Replies (11-16):
Kat1078
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:00 PM
I have done a lot of research since I will will be starting my k,2,3and 9 grader next year. I have liked what I have seen out of spectrum and Saxon math apologia science and abeka for everything else but then again I am still researching so any ideas ate very helpful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I build mine with books and workbooks. There isn't a rhythm or reason to how I do it, really.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Tha is pretty much how we do our choosing as well.  And for us, there is definitely no rhythm or reason !  

Quoting mem82:

I build mine with books and workbooks. There isn't a rhythm or reason to how I do it, really.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Half Price Books builds most of it. LOL

Quoting kirbymom:

Tha is pretty much how we do our choosing as well.  And for us, there is definitely no rhythm or reason !  

Quoting mem82:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:31 PM

From what I have heard here in the group, those are good curriculums but I wouldn't know first hand  as I write our own curriculum.   I also know that choosing the right curriculum is like fitting a hand to glove and I also know that you can't get stuck just on one type since it might be something you like but doesn't work for one of your kids. As long as one is willing to change up what doesn't work, then everything should be just fine and dandy.  :)  

Quoting Kat1078:

I have done a lot of research since I will will be starting my k,2,3and 9 grader next year. I have liked what I have seen out of spectrum and Saxon math apologia science and abeka for everything else but then again I am still researching so any ideas ate very helpful.

bether89
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:31 PM

This year we went with one curriculum this year because we started hs after Christmas break and needed curriculum quickly.  Next year, we are using several different curriculums.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)