Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

End of School

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:45 PM
  • 18 Replies

When is the end of your school year date?  and Do you have any ceremonies or parties afterwards?   

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

may 4th is our last day of school, no ceremonies or parties, but the kids do get a trip to maui

Boobah
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:38 AM
We are scheduled to June 1st but it is flexible. If we get done before - great! If baby comes early, we will just do a little over the summer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Well dang! ;)
I think you have said before, but are your students your grand kids or are they unrelated?

Quoting oredeb:

may 4th is our last day of school, no ceremonies or parties, but the kids do get a trip to maui

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:55 AM

unrelated, a few of my friends kids, both moms have 8  kids and ive been blessed to teach them! these are the younger ones im doing now,the older ones have already graduated from hsing

Quoting Boobah:

Well dang! ;)
I think you have said before, but are your students your grand kids or are they unrelated?

Quoting oredeb:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Wow!  Maui huh?  I bet the kids are so excited too.  :)

Quoting oredeb:

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't plan on stopping but we will change course as the weather gets nicer. 8)

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:45 PM

You know, I am not too sure I would be able to school any more kids after mine are all done and graduated. you have nerves of steal girl.  :)    You also must have extreme patience. :) 

Quoting oredeb:

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:24 PM

We are suppoised to finsh June 8th (I think) but we are slowly finishing off curriculum week by week.. DS has finished off 3 of his books already. All About spelling we have only 6 lessons left then we will review  words until the end of the year.

I think the homeschool grop usually does a summer/end of year party at park day. that will be about it.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Sounds like you are ahead of schedual.   :)    

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

We are suppoised to finsh June 8th (I think) but we are slowly finishing off curriculum week by week.. DS has finished off 3 of his books already. All About spelling we have only 6 lessons left then we will review  words until the end of the year.

I think the homeschool grop usually does a summer/end of year party at park day. that will be about it.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Last year we were out the friday before Labor day, so that;s what I planned for.. it's nice to slowly wind down and finish little by little.

That said, I just got All About Spelling book 4 from my Charter school today.  I requested it several months ago but it was backordered.  If we had gotten it when I planned, we could have finished it this year. However, because it didn't come, I slowed down on book 3 and spread it out (taking days off here and there) to make it last until the end of the year. now, I guess I will wait and use it in fall.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)