Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TGIF! How did this week go?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:15 AM
  • 4 Replies

Was it a success or failure?

8)

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:17 AM

A success!

The basement is almost finished, which means that DD's room is almost ready to move the piano in there for her to practice.

DS's room is the next big hurdle.

As far as school goes, we're still hanging out and decompressing. It took forever for Paypal to do its thing, so the curriculum we ordered hasn't arrived yet. I think we're both getting antsy to start. :)

DrJChappell
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:16 AM

It's been a long, long week. And it's not over yet.

Monday: DD8 had drama class. They are performing at the museum on the 19th.

Tuesday: We did our usual "where are we now and where would we like to be by the end of May" evaluations. Not state-required. Just every now and again, it's good to stand still and take stock. DD8 & DS12 are right on track. DS12 could use more math work, so we'll increase that. DS13 is doing better than he was, but he needs to read more. I want him to read 4 more books and write book reports for them and he's dragging his feet and it's frustrating.

Wednesday: Boy Scouts for boys.

Thursday: DD8 did their service project with her Girl Scout troop. That was pretty fun. We went down to the park and picked up trash. They are almost finished with the project. It's all about protecting water. My co-leader had their "keep water clean" artwork printed on to postcards and the girls are going to share them with friends and family next week.

Friday: DS13 read some and went fishing with a friend. DS12 helped me cook and defended his 1st chair status at band practice. DD8 worked on the script she and her friends are working on.

Today, DS13 has a football end-of-the-season party. DS12 has a clarinet lesson & a concert at the park.

So, we're busy but happy.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:34 PM
This was a rollercoaster week. Dd2 got a bad cold and fever on Monday, then everything was going great with school, doing lots of work, etc. then thursday dd1 got a cold, Friday i spent cleaning for today - which was chelseys third bday party. Thankfully everyone was better, I almost cancelled it Friday. And it didnt storm on us!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swim-mom72
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Great week for us! We are visiting friends in WV. We got our homeschooling start in WV and have many friends here. My boys were able to participate in a Track n Field Day with their old co-op and had a blast. We are here ' til Wed. And when we get home there are only 2 weeks of school left! It has been a great and productive year for us, but I am so glad to put it to rest.

Hope everyone has a smooth week this coming week!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)