Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

it truly blows me away...........

Posted by   + Show Post

that so many people truly beleve that school is the ONLY way kids will leanr to get along with other kids and the only way they will make friends.

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Replies (21-28):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Can you believe cps has never been called? They are slacking! ;)

Quoting MommaTasha1003:

Gawsh your messing your kids up soo bad!! LOL! :P tisk tisk!

Quoting Boobah:

Exactly! I am currently pregnant and did not even call my midwife until 16 or 18 weeks I think. I'm having a homebirth in June :)

We don't go to a doctor unless its an emergency - we go to a chiropractor

We don't vaccinate, and don't use antibiotics again unless it's an emergency/must have.

Breastfed dd2 to 23 months

My kids have never been in daycare

Julia went to prek, chelsey will not be going

And yeah, we homeschool. Hehee

Quoting MommaTasha1003:

No.... we are incapable of raising our kids on our own PERIOD! Its starts at the very beginning. No wonder parents doubt themself! It start nearly at conception!

• When you get that positive test- You should go straight to an OB to be closely monitored during your pregnancy just in case something goes wrong.
  • You must deliver in a hospital, and follow everything your OB/Hospital believes you should do.
  • Dont question the care your kids, just follow Dr. orders! :)
  • Vaccinate your kid according to schedule. The Dr. knows best!
  • Dont ever question anyone with a degree- a dr. a teacher... anyone!
  • Its great to breastfeed-- But after 6mo-1yr.. Your pushing it!
  • Ok about time to put the kid in daycare so they can learn to socialize! And learn to be independent from mom/family.
  • PreK! You must! It gets them prepared for Kindergarten! Its a huge mistake to not get them prepared!
  • Ok send them to Kindergarten & totally accept how the schools do things.. And you better let the school know your schedule with your child for the next 12years between the months of Aug-May or else you may be fined or worse..

Quoting katzmeow726:

I hear that a lot.  It's sad, but our government and schools have convinced us, that as parents, we are incapable of teaching our own children.  With or without a degree.

I have almost completed a degree in education, and I have to laugh, because people still say that homeschooling is bad.

So I am okay to teach a room full of 30 kids...but two kids is just out of my league I guess! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
10mimutemommy
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM
I am still friends with the girls I met through our homeschool group when I was a kid! We didn't have the drama they have in schools, we had cliques yes but we actually cared about each other we weren't friends with people for status. Being homeschooled makes you appreciate friends and teaches you to socialize in a more mature manner caaue your mamas are always watching you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
srichtermom
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:22 PM

It's funny because that was originally one of my concerns before deciding to homeschool and then the more I talked to my daughter about the "socializing" in school the less I was concerned.  She has more amazing friends from church, sports activities and the neighborhood than from school.  

OneToughMami
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Yeah I assumed school was a place of learning not a social event? My daughter hated going to school. The kids acting up bothered her. All she wants is to sit and learn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OneToughMami
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Well you know they are busy trying to locate the other million of us nuts with kids lol...I think it's bananas that my coworker told me about these pills she uses because she thought I'd be one of those "drugs! They are small bits of healing five me some!" instead of "hmm well I will have to grab me a box!"

Quoting Boobah:

Can you believe cps has never been called? They are slacking! ;)

Quoting MommaTasha1003:

Gawsh your messing your kids up soo bad!! LOL! :P tisk tisk!

Quoting Boobah:

Exactly! I am currently pregnant and did not even call my midwife until 16 or 18 weeks I think. I'm having a homebirth in June :)

We don't go to a doctor unless its an emergency - we go to a chiropractor

We don't vaccinate, and don't use antibiotics again unless it's an emergency/must have.

Breastfed dd2 to 23 months

My kids have never been in daycare

Julia went to prek, chelsey will not be going

And yeah, we homeschool. Hehee

Quoting MommaTasha1003:

No.... we are incapable of raising our kids on our own PERIOD! Its starts at the very beginning. No wonder parents doubt themself! It start nearly at conception!

• When you get that positive test- You should go straight to an OB to be closely monitored during your pregnancy just in case something goes wrong.
  • You must deliver in a hospital, and follow everything your OB/Hospital believes you should do.
  • Dont question the care your kids, just follow Dr. orders! :)
  • Vaccinate your kid according to schedule. The Dr. knows best!
  • Dont ever question anyone with a degree- a dr. a teacher... anyone!
  • Its great to breastfeed-- But after 6mo-1yr.. Your pushing it!
  • Ok about time to put the kid in daycare so they can learn to socialize! And learn to be independent from mom/family.
  • PreK! You must! It gets them prepared for Kindergarten! Its a huge mistake to not get them prepared!
  • Ok send them to Kindergarten & totally accept how the schools do things.. And you better let the school know your schedule with your child for the next 12years between the months of Aug-May or else you may be fined or worse..

Quoting katzmeow726:

I hear that a lot.  It's sad, but our government and schools have convinced us, that as parents, we are incapable of teaching our own children.  With or without a degree.

I have almost completed a degree in education, and I have to laugh, because people still say that homeschooling is bad.

So I am okay to teach a room full of 30 kids...but two kids is just out of my league I guess! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
homeschool833
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:33 AM
I agree boobah. We did the exact same. Schools are prisons if you open your eyes and look at it they teach all the kids the same its propaganda to me. Its a just another form of brainwash. Parents need to take back control & meet they strawman. Yes google meet your strawman or youtube it. Then u will see and you will have an open eye.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kokyuhomama
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I homeschooled my older son for 2 1/2 years and then put him in ps because of some major life stuff that came up for us.  I simply wasn't coping well enough to be there for him, and our relationship was suffering greatly.  Within two weeks he was punched twice by two separate kids!  So, when I meet people who scream "socialization", I question them  "how is getting punched by other kids socialization?  I call that antisocialization."  They're usually driven into their cave after that.  He's been in ps for 3 years now, and I can assure any parent out there who is questioning themselves about whether or not to hs that ps is everything you always knew it to be.  I now have a 4.5 year old who is home with me, and I certainly get a lot of questions around whether or not he gets together with other kids his age.  He has social anxiety issues which makes this difficult right now, but I am of the firm belief that not all young children need other children their age.  Eventually, it will happen for him.  We're just easing into a gymnastics class with only 3 other boys his age in it, and he went about 10 feet out on the matt with the teacher, but wouldn't go near the other boys yet.  Every child is unique and has different needs.  Know that you have lots of support in this group.

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:01 PM

We don't get those comments any more. Anyone who knows my kids knows how "busy" they are with their activities.  Actually we tend to get the opposite! "How do you keep up with all of that?" "Don't they get a chance to just be home?" LOL  We have slowed down a bit but, I find it funny.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN