Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Music, Art, Gym ,Citzenship help????

I need to include music, art, gym, and citizenship in my sons home school next year and I am blank. I my self am not artistic, or musical. I cant carry a note or play a instrument if it meant my life. I am also confused on what they want me to teach about good citizenship. Isn't that always taught in everyday life choices?

What I was thinking about is taking him to art showings at my college and around town for the art aspect. For music I was going to teach a music history sort of thing. Also take him to musicals. Gym the only thing I can come up with is enrolling him in the ymca and sports, hiking, swim lessons etc. Citizenship I am at a lost..

What are some suggetions or some things you guys do?

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Replies (11-14):
melissaDH
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:04 PM

From what I can understand (we are in Texas, too)...you can use Girls Scouts, Boy Scouts, etc..for citizenship.

We are also using a series of studies to fulfill this.  The studies are "Choosing Responsiblity", "Choosing Self-Control", Obedience, Kindness, Gentleness, etc.

If you would like more info on the studies, let me know. =)

melissaoliver79
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:06 PM

yes I would...

Quoting melissaDH:

From what I can understand (we are in Texas, too)...you can use Girls Scouts, Boy Scouts, etc..for citizenship.

We are also using a series of studies to fulfill this.  The studies are "Choosing Responsiblity", "Choosing Self-Control", Obedience, Kindness, Gentleness, etc.

melissaDH
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

The series is by author Kaye Freeman.

www.trainupstudies.com/responsibility

We purchase these books from a Christian bookstore nearby, but you can order them online.

Quoting melissaoliver79:

yes I would...

Quoting melissaDH:

oredeb
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:01 PM

good citizenship- helping mom around the house!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)