Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

My 1st blog (some input needed)

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:07 PM
  • 11 Replies

Well I made my 1st ever blog.  Arehomschoolpath

Please tell my what you think about it. What should I add or what should I take out.

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahJanine
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:18 PM
I noticed just a gramatical error. It should be "our" not "are". Other than that it looks like you have a good early start on it. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissaoliver79
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:23 PM

BUMP!

melissaoliver79
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:24 PM

lol yeah one of my "bad words" .. I noticed that unfortunately after i pressed publish sooooooooo..lol yeah fail moment.

Quoting SarahJanine:

I noticed just a gramatical error. It should be "our" not "are". Other than that it looks like you have a good early start on it. :)

SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, I'd probably not use that title. I mean, if you're looking to attract readers, starting them out with a giant typo is probably not going to pull people in. You might want to consider parking that blog and registering another one, but spelled and punctuated correctly. So many people are already judgmental of homeschooling, why give them ammunition?

Your other option is to use ARE as some sort of acronym - maybe the name of your homeschool. That way it at least looks deliberate. Well, after you correct the errors in your intro paragraph.

You might consider having a friend who's a strong proofreader look over what you have before you hit publish.

I probably sound much harsher than I mean to be, and I apologize in advance. It's not my intention to hurt your feelings, but to help you work on your writing so that you communicate clearly and effectively without any roadblocks between you and your audience.

SusanTheWriter ~ Wife, Mom, Author

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Good luck!

melissaoliver79
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

No your not harsh at all... Thats what I was looking for. I am a so so writer and make a lot of mistakes. I realized what I did right as I pressed publish.  I been trying to find a way to correct it. I think I will have to do what you said and just scrap it and start over.

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

Honestly, I'd probably not use that title. I mean, if you're looking to attract readers, starting them out with a giant typo is probably not going to pull people in. You might want to consider parking that blog and registering another one, but spelled and punctuated correctly. So many people are already judgmental of homeschooling, why give them ammunition?

Your other option is to use ARE as some sort of acronym - maybe the name of your homeschool. That way it at least looks deliberate. Well, after you correct the errors in your intro paragraph.

You might consider having a friend who's a strong proofreader look over what you have before you hit publish.

I probably sound much harsher than I mean to be, and I apologize in advance. It's not my intention to hurt your feelings, but to help you work on your writing so that you communicate clearly and effectively without any roadblocks between you and your audience.

melissaoliver79
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:32 PM

LOL I just thought of  ARE= A Real Education... my lilttle hehe moment.

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

romacox
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this
  • You might consider having your children write articles for other home schooled children. It also a very good language arts lesson
  • How To Make Money On The Internet and How To Draw Traffic To Your Website might be helpful depending on your objectives. 
  • Before choosing a name, use the free Google Key Word Tool.  You can type in various titles (use spaces rather than all as one word or hyphens), and see which ones most people research.  A title that has  good research words in it will draw more traffic. 
  • If You Want Traffic: , use hyphens to desperate words  in the title... the search engines find it better.  example: how-to-home-school.com..  Page titles should also be done this way, and use the Google Key Word Tool for them as well.
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Looks lovely! Good luck! I'm so thankful for my blogs, i can look back w/ nostalgia on hings we did when they were little, or find all the great links and ideas i've found along the way but haven't had a chance to use yet...plus puttng my own thoughts and ideas into words helps me clarify where i'm wanting to go in the future!

http://kickbuttcrazylapbooks.blogspot.com/

http://homeeducatorstoolbox.blogspot.com/

Http://www.freewebs.com/kickbutthomeeducation

oredeb
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:12 PM

i like the start of your blog melissa! keep going!!  add some pictures!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)