Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Recording grades

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:53 PM
  • 3 Replies

I'm trying to figure out a way to record grades for one student taking several courses at once and I, well, I must not be getting it because I can't figure out how a gradebook works to save my life.

They just don't make any sense to me. I'm trying to record grades for quizzes, tests, projects and presentations and I can't quite wrap my head around it.

I always had a feeling that record keeping was going to be the hard part of high school, but I didn't think I'd be confounded by something as simple as a gradebook.

SusanTheWriter ~ Wife, Mom, Author

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
romacox
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:13 AM

The following two articles should be helpful:

High School Transcripts

Homeschooling The High Schooler

jgattis
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Also, you can check out Donna Young's site.  I use her quite often for record-keeping info.  Just do a search for "Donna Young homeschool" and you will find her site.  At least 90% (maybe even 100%) of her material is free and printable.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:28 AM
I tend to get confused w/ pre-made forms and end up stressing about filling the out correctly, so i just make my own using Excal. For each student make a spread sheet you can do 1 or 1 per class. But basically the headers would be - class/subject, date, project, date, quiz, date, test (or something along these lines) the i'd enter the date we did the quiz or whatever and the grade.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)