Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugh......

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:25 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

why is it that post like thishttp://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/16477385/How_the_heck_can_you_homeschool_your_kids_when_you_cant_write_a_coherent_sentence_yourself?last#last

also ways become hot topics here on cafemom but never a good post about homeschooling??

My responce was smiple...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx4pN-aiofw

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
romacox
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Good response!

carolkey74
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:12 PM
I wasn't able to read the post, but I assume it says that homeschooling is wrong. I'm not surprised. I love the John Stossel special!
usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Unfortunetly most people realy do believe that public school is the only way to get an education.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissaoliver79
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I am bumping to watch for later... got to run out for a bit.

melissaoliver79
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:56 PM

BUMP!

justme00
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Heres a bumb and quote so it will be easy for you to find

Quoting melissaoliver79:

BUMP!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I just laugh at them now. Anyone who is so set against it won't be able to be convinced otherwise.

oredeb
by debbie on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

we live for the negative things in life, we love to see things that make others look bad so it will make us look better

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Isn't that the (sad) truth?

Quoting oredeb:

we live for the negative things in life, we love to see things that make others look bad so it will make us look better

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:55 PM

While I gave some heated responses in that post in full support of unregulated homeschooling, I might play devil's advocate and say that I know several families who feed that stereotype and I do understand where several of the anti-homeschoolers are coming from. Having had the opportunity to speak to one of our neighbors (the principal at a public charter school that receives many children previously homeschooled) and hearing his frustration at receiving children into the sixth grade who can't read past a Kindergarten level or do math other than basic addition (and we aren't talking about a minority of the homeschooled students he's seen, rather the majority), having no world view outside of their family's religious views or science exposure outside of nature walks and bird watching, and then having upset parents when they hear their child needs to be "remediated" - they have some valid concerns.

*runs to hide*

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my place, as a woman, is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home.             Aimee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)