Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I can't believe how closed minded and awful people are getting!

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:48 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hey moms-

I recently read a featured post on CM and it amazed and disgusted me how many people were saying the most hurtful, ignorant things about parents that homeschool, as if their way were the only way. I am thrilled homeschooling my boys, and they are at or above grade level in EVERYTHING, have a bunch of friends, and are so much happier than most of them! I guess the ignorance and cruelty still shocks me- how can moms be so MEAN??

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
melissaoliver79
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:10 AM

People dont like stuff they are not use to... I just ingore them

kokyuhomama
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Was this the one on how hs'ing parents should be able to write a "coherent sentence"?  My response to that was this:

How many college graduates with average grades or lower are teaching in the public school system? 

Ultimately, for me, I understand the many reasons people homeschool, and every family has their own priorities.   Just like in ps, everyone has their talents and it might not be in the field of language arts.  I understand what you mean though.  If anything, ps advocates should be thanking homeschoolers because classrooms are already overcrowded. 

christi34
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:35 AM
I am a parent that put her children in ps from the beginning but feels like ps has failed my children. I will be hs my two younget starting in August. I have respect for the parents that do hs their children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:58 AM
People always attack the things that threten their way of life. We homeschoolers threten them on so meny levels.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:43 AM
6 moms liked this
People attack HS because when we say, "i HS and we love it!" what they hear is "i care about my children and it is obvious you do not." so they immediately go on the defensive and start attacking with the most ridiculous things in order to say, "see, you are screwing up your kid. I obviously love mine more!"
lucsch
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Ignorant is right! I posted on that thread in defense of homeschoolers.

oredeb
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

they dont really know what homeschooling is, the public school did its work on those people, corupted their minds!

really if its something we are not sure of or maybe heard someone else saying they didnt like or agree with it, well then it must or might not be the thing to do! ive noticed some people that speak out against hsing, turn into homeshcoolers themselves!  watch want we criticize, cuz we will probably be doin it ourselves!hahahaha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN